Ch: 19

"Are you alright...?" Obi-wan asked me once we were clear of the structure and heading back to our fighters.

"Y-yeah...I just...felt dizzy." I stated as I placed my hand on my forehead. He gave me a look. "It's not because of that." It didn't feel like I was drained or hurting. I wondered if I should tell him what it was...? The feeling had passed already...Anakin no longer felt such darkness. I'll haft to speak to him about it later...that much I knew. I slightly staggered as I almost tried on a pebble. Obi-wan prevented me from falling as we stopped our walk. Now that...? I asked myself as I started to feel a mix of light-headedness and dizziness...that was most likely because of my recent injuries.

"Nova, you can leave anytime you want." Obi-wan told me, obviously worried about me.

"What...?" I asked him, slightly confused. "And leave you alone...? Never."

"It might be best." Obi-wan told me. "Things here are getting too much for your-."

I looked at him with slight disbelief. "I can handle myself."

"Can you...?" He asked me, worried. "Here, right now...?"

"Yes." I stated before I continued moving towards our fighters, not really wanting to continue our conversation.

Once we made it to our fighters, I sat on the front of mine as if it were a chair while Obi-wan went over to his fighter. He checked it for any damages, mostly...damages to his communications. "The transmitter is working." Obi-wan thought aloud. "But we're not receiving a return signal." He then looked over toward me. "How about yours?"

I got up before I went to open the little hatch on my fighter, the hatch came completely off the fighter...it's not supposed to do that. It's broken. Inside, wasn't any better. "It's completely busted." I then went back to my place of sitting on the front end of mine as I watched Obi-wan.

Obi-wan turned back towards his fighter as he thought of a plan. "Coruscant's too far." He stated before he looked towards R4. "R4, can you boost the power?"

The little droid made a couple of beeps in response.

"We'll haft to try something else," Obi-wan stated.

"What about Anakin...?" I asked Obi-wan, and he looked up at me. "Can we contact him..?" After all, Naboo should be closer than Coruscant.

Obi-wan got into the cockpit of his fighter. "Good idea, it's much closer." He told me before he pressed some buttons before trying to contact Anakin. "Anakin? Anakin? Do you copy...?" No response. "This is Obi-wan Kenobi. Anakin?" No response yet again. Obi-wan turned his attention towards R4. "He's not on Naboo, R4."

R4 let out a couple of beeps of acknowledgment.

"I'm going to try and widen the range." Obi-wan stated before he pressed a button and flicked a switch. "I do hope nothing's happened to him."

I took a deep breath at his words...with the pain I felt practically radiating from Anakin...obviously, something's happened. The only thing keeping me from worrying is that I still feel my sister's presence through the Force. She's still alive and well.

A sense of confusion passed over Obi-wan as he stared at the monitor of his fighter. "That's Anakin's tracking signal alright...but it's coming from Tatooine."

"Tatooine...?" I asked Obi-wan. The planet we found him on.

"What the blazes could he be doing there...?" Obi-wan stated as he got out of his fighter. "I told him to stay on Naboo."

R4 made a series of beeps.

"We haven't much time." Obi-wan stated as R4 started to record a message. "Anakin? Anakin do you copy? This is Obi-wan Kenobi. Anakin, my long-range transmitter has been knocked out and Nova's is completely compromised. Please retransmit this message to Coruscant. Nova and I have tracked the bounty hunter, Jango Fett, to the droid factory on Geonosis. The Trade Federation is to take delivery of a droid army here and it is clear that Viceroy Gunray is behind the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala. The Commerce Guild and the Corporate Alliancehave both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming a-"