Ch: 27

I slowly awoke, only to find myself somewhere I didn't ever expect myself to be...in my childhood bedroom on Naboo. That was a part of my life before I'd joined the order, one I never thought I'd see again. I slowly sat up as I looked around, feeing like a stranger in my own room...but it wasn't my room anymore.... Now I lived so far away...on Coruscant.

A shiny object, objects, deflected the light as they sat on the bed...kyber crystals...the ones Ashlyn gave me. I quickly scooped them up into my hand before I placed them into the pocket of my leggings...ones I didn't know. I looked over my outfit...I had no clue who's clothes I wore but they seemed to fit me just fine with the top being a bit loose. I was wearing a plain, long sleeved, yet elegant cream colored top. Which thought itself to be some kind of short, flow-y, dress. As well as a darker cream colored leggings, at least five shades darker than the shirt.

My eyes drifted off towards the open window, the view of the lake which showed perfectly. How I missed Naboo.... I slowly tried to stand from the bed, only to immediately realize how bad of an idea that actually was. A pain shot up my back and I came crumbling down with a low thud.

Instantly, I heard the sound of footsteps as they raced towards me. Their presence seemed to stop just before they got to the bedroom door, hesitantly, as if wondering if they should even dare enter. Eventually, they did. A girl which looked a couple years older than Padmé and me stumbled into the room, looking around before their gaze landed on me.

I rubbed the tiredness from my eyes as I looked at them, trying to place them yet my mind nearly came up blank. Then I remembered.... "S-Sola...?" I questioned them. The last time I'd seen her was right before I'd been taken into the Order.

Unlike with Padmé, Sola, as well as my parents, have never had a reason to see me...family or not. Sometimes it'd seemed like they'd rather I didn't exist...so I ditched the name Naberie and choose Amidala. Then Padmé had decided to switch it as well once she became Queen, trying to protect Sola and our parents. Padmé was the first to try and reach out to me, after she became Queen, and for some time...it was like Padmé was the only family I'd ever known. I slightly smiled...then I'd met Obi-wan and Kala...and they became my family as well.

"Nova...!" She quietly exclaimed, as if not really seeing me. She then rushed towards me, hugging me tight...surprising me. I took in a sharp breath as I felt pain at the touch she made along my back she hugged me. No doubt Lily-la's mark still plagued me...and it always would. It'd eventually become a scar but as far as lightsaber wounds go...that was pretty lucky, on my end.

I shrugged away from her and upon realizing she was hurting me, she instantly relinquished her hold on me. She helped me get back up on the bed, sitting beside me before she turned to face me.

"How are you...?" Sola asked me, concerned.

She now acted as if she'd known me all my life...as if she never tried to try and get out of any sort of meetings that Padmé had tried to put together to get us together...her and our parents. It was like they wanted nothing to do with me once I joined the Jedi.

So why...? I asked myself. Why now...? What changed...? I looked around the room, so many of my childhood memories seemed to play within my mind. Mostly of me and Padmé but sometimes Sola would play with us as well...when she wasn't busy with schoolwork.

"How long was I out...?" I asked her, wondering if she'd knew. I figured I'd start off with something small.

"About a week." She replied as she looked at me, as if she were looking at a dream.

I took a deep breath before I stood back up, managing to stand by myself...even so much as walking towards the window to look out it. My hand, unconsciously, flew up to my chest and onto my necklace...only...I didn't feel it.