Ch: 6

Our target decided to turn onto oncoming traffic...and so Anakin does the same, much to my protests. There's one thing for free flying and there's another thing called suicidal. Obi-wan may think my driving is suicide but Anakin's is the true definition of the word as I let lose a scream just as Anakin barely managed to miss a head on collision with another speeder. The scream mostly triggered by Anakin quickly swerving out of the way. And now our target's shooting at us. I ducked as a blaster bolt flew past my head.

"Anakin, are you trying to get us killed...?!" I asked of the boy who was merely five years my junior.

Anakin then slammed the speeder to a holt as our target's ship heads directly for us while still shooting at us. I managed to throw up a barrier just in time to catch a bolt that had been just inches away from Obi-wan's face.

"He's gonna blast me!" Obi-wan stated almost as soon as I caught that laser bolt with my barrier.

"Right...this isn't working." Anakin seemed to agree with us...yet I could sense something more from him than just that. Our speeder slid underneath our target's as we raced along the line of traffic now. Our target skimmed over rooftops while Anakin flew lower, probably trying to get in our target's blind spot and then trail them from there. Which he seemed to be utterly failing at at the moment. I closes my eyes as Anakin shifted through the speeders gears, let's just say that half the stuff he's doing...I would feel 100% better if I were the driver doing them. At least I'd have the control over my possible demise. The wind around us picked up, which meant that Anakin was driving far faster than even those who speed would dare to travel at.

I dared to open my eyes, immediately wishing that I hadn't as Anakin almost came to a collision with a landing spaceship. "Anakin...!" I yelled at him, wanting him to let up.

"I thought you liked fast flying." I heard Anakin complain to me.

"Not when what you're doing it suicidal." I countered him, agreeing with Obi-wan's earlier statement.

"That's rich coming from you." Obi-wan seemed to tell me, probably remembering the first time we were in an ship that I was in control of. "Watch out for those banners!"

Too little too late as Anakin clipped a corner a bit too fast and tapped one edge of the flag. It got caught on the speeder's scope.

"That was too close!" Obi-wan scolded Anakin.

"Clear that!" Anakin stated, much to the confusion of both Obi-wan and I.

"What?!" Obi-wan and I asked him in our confusion.

"Clear the flag!" Anakin told us as if it were obvious. "We're losing power! Hurry!"

I reached out with the Force and tried to move the flag, much to my dismay as it wouldn't budge. I let out a huff of air as I climbed over the front of the speeder. I carefully crawled along the front and then pulled the flag free. The speeder lurched forwards with a powerful surge of energy as the speeder came back online.

I lost my balance and nearly fell, luckily Obi-wan was able to grasp my arm. Which left me dangling off the edge of the speeder.

"Careful, I got you." Obi-wan told me before he helped me back up on top of the speeder. This time he was in the passenger seat, the only place he could've reached me from, and I was carefully on the back of the speeder. "Don't do that!" He scolded Anakin. "I don't  like it when you do that!"

"So sorry, Master." Anakin apologized.

But nevertheless, our chase still continued as we chased our target through what looked to be a power refinery. Our target seemed it was wise to shoot a power coupler as they caused a voltage, which looked like lightning, to jump across a gap in front of us. A gap too wide to simple go around and too large to go over. Anakin had no choice but to stay on course if we wanted to catch this supposed murderer.