CHAPTER 8

I woke up with Damon half on top of me with hisarms wrapped around me. I sighed kinda comfortable lying there but i knew i had to get up. I lay there for a few minutesfeeling the steady rythem ofhis chest moving up and down but there was still no heartbeat. I guess thats a vampire thing.

Damon was too heavy for me to push him off me, not to mention his vice like grip he had on me. Guess im stuck like this till he wakes up. I started running my fingers through his hair and started to sing softly.

"By the time i was your age idgive anything

to fall in love truly was all i could think

Thats when i met your mother, the girl of my dreams

The most beautiful woman that id ever seen

She said 'boy can i tell you a wonderful thing?

I cant help but notice you staring at me

I know i shouldnt say this but i really believe

That i can tell by your eyes that your in love with me'

Now son im only telling you this because life can do terrible things"

I stopped singing when i felt Damon stir on top of me. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Thats a beautiful song sweetheart, you sing it well. I wish i could wake up like this every morning" he told me. I blushed a little and looked away. He rolled off me but pulling me with him so that i was on top this time.

"Dont stop singing on my account, id love to hear you sing more" he half whispered to me.

"I dont think youd want to hear the rest... Its kind of sad" i told him as i tried to pull away from his hold but he just held on to metighter.

"I really should go shower" i told him feeling a little awkard. He sighed and let me go. I went to the bathroom and locked the door. I didnt feel like having a shower any more so i put my ipod in the docking station, pressed play sending music through the speakersand ran a hot bubble bath. I sat and relaxed in the bath for a while before washing my hair. I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist. I left the bathroom as Katherine Jenkins version of lovenever dies came on and i sang along and dried my hair while Damon took his shower. I got dressed in black leggings and an oversized religion skull tee as Damon came in to get dressed.

I started doing my makeup as Ushers little freak came on and i started dancing. I finished my makeup halfway through the song. Damon joined in and i ended up grinding against him until the song finished.

I turned the ipod off looking a little bored and feeling hungry.

"Why dont we go have breakfast?" Damon asked. He was probably hungry too. I nodded okay and we went to the kitched together I sat at the counter while he warmed up some blood. He gave me a glass as he started to drink his own.

I drank mine quicker than he drank his.

"Hey Damon, why dont you have a heart beat?" i asked tilting my head to the side a little looking at him.

"Because im dead. You wont have one soon either" he told me. I forgot i was going through the change from human to vampire. I must be really stupid i mean who forgets a thing like that? Really?

"Will it hurt?" i asked quietly looking at the bottom of my empty glass. Damon put his hand under my chin lifting my face to look at him. He had sadness on his face as he spoke.

"Im afraid it will sweetheart, but it will be over quickly and ill be right here to help you through it" he smiled as he said the last part. I smiled back taking comfort in the fact that i wasnt going to be completely alone.

"When will it happen?" i asked him.

"It could be any day now. I just hope that it happens before our engagement party in a few days" he replied.

We sat in silence for a few minutes. Damon gasped and looked at me a little shocked.

"We havent got you a ring!" he whisper shouted sounding horrified at the thought.

I laughed at him a little.

"I dont need a ring"i told him.

He gave me an 'are you crazy' look and shook his head.

"Of course you need a ring! we cant have an engagement party if you dont have an engagement ring" he replied in a duhh voice. Great. Im getting a ring. Yeahhhh... Not.

"Okay we are going to get you a ring today" he told me. Damon took me to his car and drove to the same mall we went to the day before for my dress. He dragged me all around the mall holding my hand like i was a little girl until we came to a VERY expensive jewellery store. He took me inside and lead me over to a cabinet full of rings.

"Which one do you like?" he asked looking at all the rings. I stared at him in disbelief. He was going to make me marry him but i had to pick my own ring. He looked at me and saw my expression.

"Dont you like them?" he asked looking a little worried.

I sighed. "You pick, ill wait outside" i said and walked outside the store sitting on a bench opposite the shop. After about 20 minutes he came out with a small bag and a big smile on his face.

"What are you so smiley for?" i asked him suspiciously.

"No reason. I just got the most AMAZING ring for the most AMAZING girl" he told me, taking my hand and walking aimlessly in and out of shops.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Do you want anything while we're out? New clothes.. shoes? Whatever?" he asked me.

"I do need some more mascara, and i do need shoes to go with the dress we brought yesterday" i told him. He nodded and took me into a drug store so i could get mascara. After i got that he took me to a small shoe store where i fould the most amazing black stilletoshoes with a hot pink bow on the front. After shopping we went back home. We spent the rest of the afternoon in the music room playing instruments and making fun of each other.

Just before we were about to go downstairs for dinner i felt a small sharp pain in my chest. I stopped laughing at Damon who was pulling funny faces at me as the pain slowly got worse.

I whimpered a little collapsing in agony as my heart beat increased. Damon was immediately at my side holding me in his arms telling me everything was going to be okay.

I felt a burning sensation take over my whole body. I cried out in pain as i started struggling for breath. The pain was unbearable, i tried to move out of Damons grip but he wouldnt let me, he just kept telling me it would all be over soon. Just as i thought the pain wouldnt get any worse i felt like the gums in my mouth were aching and the teeth where fangs should were starting to get pushed out by my real fangs. I cried out in pain again spilling blood all over Damon. The pain in my chest increased as did the burning sensation, and then it all stopped. I couldnt breathe and everything went black.