CHAPTER 16

please vote/comment/fan! i'd appreciate some feedback! much love xx

_______________________________________________________________________________

I found that as I was growing up, i looked toward the day i turned 18 as the most important day of my life. As if I was going to grow up and have some increased wisdom enforced upon me, as a legal adult everything around me would change.

I was dissapointed when i realised it didnt.

When your a child, you are read fairytales, stories and fantasies. You soon realise that they aren't real. Well in that case, I'm Cinderella. My fairy godmother got lost along the way and Prince Charming ran off with Sleeping Beauty instead.

I laugh way too hard (i snorted juice out of my own nose once) i still act like a child 90% of the time. I'm usually right the first time, but change my mind anyway and then wonder why. I over complicate everything in my life, but look at everyone elses situation with the most simple outlook, i have the imagination of a child. Half the time, i have no idea who i am.

I'm not beautiful, pretty or attractive in the remotest of senses, and i really dont want to be. Everyone places so much focus in their lives on those aspects. I just cant spend my life worrying about what colour my hair is, or if it's glamorous enough. I'd never have plastic surgery, there's more to life than trying to look like Barbie. I'd rather just have a good laugh, and grow old disgracefully. But as of a week ago i don't get that choice anymore. Damon and i are going to tell his parents about what i'm supposed to be. The only vampire with a heartbeat. The heir to the throne. A vampire princess.

Damon was in the bedroom while i was getting dressed. Singing and dancing to Bruno Mars - marry you since that's what Damon had left on.

"It's a beautiful night

We're looking for something dumb to do

Hey baby, i think i wanna marry you

Is it the look in your eyes

Is it this dancing juice?

Who cares baby,

I think i wanna marry you" i sang as i pulled on a pair of white sweats and rummaged around for a black tank top. I found one and pulled it on. I didn't bother applying my usual make-up today i couldn't be bothered. Damon came into the closet singing loudly as he came over to me.

"Well i know this little chapel

On the boulevard we can go

No one will know

Come on girl

Who cares if we're trashed

Got a pocket full of cash we can blow

Shots of patron

and it's on girl" he wrapped his arms around me from behind, kissing my neck. He gave me a warm smile.

"Don't say no, no, no, no, no

Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

And we'll go, go, go, go, go

If you're ready, like i'm ready

Cause it's a beautiful night

And we're looking for something dumb to do

Hey baby

I think i wanna marry you!" we sang together. I pulled my hair into a sloppy pony tail while Damon turned the music off. He pulled me back into his arms and i rested my face in the crook of his neck.