CHAPTER 18

Hey guys vote/comment/fan etc :) much love xx

_______________________________________________________________________________

"You can go in now" the lady said as she came back into the room. We all stood up.

"When we enter stand in front of your seat and bow" Damon whispered in my ear. I nodded at him to let him know i heard. Sylvia went through the doors first followed by Hayden. Damon slipped an arm around my waist and followed them. The room we entered didn't have a lot of furniture. There was one long wooden table with throne-like seats, each of which were filled. There were 12 in total. Opposite the table there were 4 plain chairs. We each stood in front of a chair and bowed.

"You may sit" A woman said from the middle of the table. She had long blonde hair, pale skin and a very thin face. She was clearly a vampire. We took our seats and sat in silence waiting for the council to speak.

"Sylvia... To what do we owe the pleasure?" The woman asked Hayden's grandmother. Sylvia stood up and cleared her throat. She clearly wasn't affected by these people like i was. They made me nervous.

"I believe you know why i'm here Arriane" Sylvia told her. They locked eyes for a few moments. Arriane's eyes moved to Hayden, then me, then Damon and back to me again.

"Well Damon i didn't expect to see you here... You've changed" Arriane said, her eyes still focused on me.

"Yes Arriane, i have changed in ways you wouldn't believe" he replied with a calm voice.

"The girl. Is she the one?" Arriane asked and fixed her eyes on Sylvia again.

"Indeed, she is. She is the same girl i saved 1000 years ago" Sylvia told her. "She has a heartbeat... She also exchanged blood with her mate, Damon" Arriane looked at Damon again, curiosity lined her face.

"Damon come here" she said and stood up from her chair. Damon crossed the floor and stood in front of table.

"You're hand, please" she said quietly. Damon extended his hand. She took it, turned it over and pressed two fingers to his wrist. After a few seconds she let go and gestured for him to sit down.

"You girl, what is your name?" she asked me. I straightened up in my chair as Damon sat down again smiling warmly at me.

"Katherin Delli-bovi" i sounded more confident than i was.

"Come here Katherin" she said softly. I did as she told and stood in the same spot Damon had.

"Hand please" she said. I held out my hand. I had a really bad feeling about her. She doesn't seem... right? There's something a little off about her. She reached out for my hand, as soon as her skin connected with mine there was a flash and she was thrown backwards. Her chair was on the floor and she was crumpled on the floor against the wall. No one got up to help her.

She stood up and picked her chair up and sat down again and smoothed her hair down again.

"You're definately the one. You're protection... It's incredible" she said. I sat back down and held onto Damon's hand. He gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"We'll have you sent to the palace right away your majesty. You need training, and educating on the supernatural realm. Lessons will begin in one week" Arriane said and clicked her fingers. A man with a beard and long shaggy hair wearing a black pinstripe suit entered the room. He stood in front of the table and she whispered in his ear. He nodded and ushered us out of the room. Considering there were 11 other council members they never said a thing. I focused my efforts on the man that was leading us to a black limo. He never once said a word to us but everyone else seemed to be okay with that. He wasn't pale enough to be a vampire. He had animal-like characteristics about him. His hair was like a mane, he looked rather shabby apart from the suit.