CHAPTER 3

I woke up in a white room with bright white lights. It took a few minutes for my eyes to adjust and take in the surroundings. At first i thought i was in a hospital but after closer inspection this just looked like a very plain room in someones house. There were no windows but there were small round lights in the cieling anda plain white wooden door at the opposite end of the room. I felt very hungry and confused. I couldnt remember how i got here. 'what happened?' i asked myself. I sat up and got out of bed finding myself in a plain white gown simular to those you get given in hospitals. There wereplain white slippers on the floor next to the bed so i slipped them on and left the room.

I walked down a hallway with simular doors to the one i came through until i came to a staircase. I walked down it and stood at the bottom seeing a door that must have been the front door and a few other doors leading to various rooms. I randomly selected a door and walked through it and came to a living room. I walked further into the room and noticed it was just like the room i was in upstairs only not as plain. There small round lights in the cieling and the curtains were drawn.

Behind me the door opened and closed. I turned around and came face to face with someone that looked o familiar. I looked into a pair of big blue eyes. Where have i seen those eyes before?

"Hi Kat, are you feeling?" he asked me. That voice... His voice wasso familiar, ive heard that voice before, it was as soft as an angels.

"Where am i? Who are you? How did i get here?" I asked. He frowned slightly and motioned for me to sit down. I took a seat on the couch as he took a seat next to me. We turned to face each other and he let out a sigh.

"My name is Damon" he said. "You came here to live with me as my fiance. My parents and i picked you up from your house in Birmingham, and bought you here out of the way" he told me. I stared at him. He had the most beautiful face id ever seen but the things he were saying were crazy. My parents didnt like me but im sure they wouldnt let me leave to marry some random guy.

"Is this a joke? Am i being punk'd?" i asked while looking around waiting for someone to jump out at me with a camera in their hand.

"No. It isnt a joke. On the way here we were in a car crash, you hit your head pretty hard and youve been unconcious for days but thats all part of the change. Your short term memory will come back after a few weeks" he said. He tried to smile but i could see the sadness hidden behind his facade.

"Is that why im so hungry?" i asked. He tried to smile at me again.

"In a way yes" he said. "Your hunger is part of the change too, once you feed youll feel much better and stronger" he told me.

"What change?" i asked.

"The change from human to a vampire" he told me.

A vampire... He had to be joking... right? I mean vampires dont exist... do they?