four

.・。.・゜..・。.・゜.

Ao'nung, Tsireya, and Roxto were taking the kids out to swim in the ocean. The three Metkayina dove into the water gracefully and waited for the others to join them.

Neteyam and Lo'ak was carrying Alyara. Neteyam was carrying her feet while Lo'ak was carrying her by her underarms. "Hey, hey, hey!" Alyara reached up and kept a hold on Lo'ak's arms.

"Three." The two brothers began swinging her back and forth. "Two." Alyara tried to kick her feet, but Neteyam had a strong hold on her ankles. "One!" They both let her go when she was swung towards the ocean.

What they didn't expect was that her grip on Lo'ak's arm was stronger than he thought it was. He thought that she would let go when they did, but instead he was being dragged into the water.

Neteyam laughed at the two of them before jumping into the water after them. Kiri and Tuk jumped in right after him.

"Alyara!" Lo'ak shouted, but she was already swimming off with Tsireya. She also stopped and admired the fish that swam past them, reaching her hand out toward them.

Lo'ak tried catching up to Alyara, but she kept swimming away from him. It was unbelievable to him how she kept getting away from him and how fast she was.

But there was also something about her that made him not take his eyes off her. She had her hair down with only a few braids randomly in her hair. He liked it, loved it, on her. She seemed more carefree and he could tell she liked it.

He forced himself to look away and admire the ocean and the fish swimming around them. But it wasn't long before he had to come up to the surface for air.

Alyara was right behind him and Neteyam and Tuk behind her. "What are they doing with their hands?" Alyara tugged on Lo'ak's hand to make him look down at the three kids still down in the water.

Tsireya was making signals with her hands. "Is she trying to talk to us?" She asked and turned to Neteyam who looked as lost as she was.

"Are you guys alright?" Tsireya came up to the surface and asked them, genuine concern in her voice.

"You're too fast, wait for us!" Tuk replied while wiping her eyes. Alyara moved behind Lo'ak and to the other side of him so she was closer to Tuk.

"You are not good divers." Ao'nung said with a small smile on his face. "You may be good at swinging through trees."

"Come on, bro."

"I would love to see you swing through trees." Alyara snapped back, brushing Tuk's hair back. Ao'nung looked over at her and his gaze stayed on her for a while. "I bet you would fall right on your face before you even try to swing." Ao'nung's smile fell at her comment.

"We don't speak this finger talk." Neteyam explained. "We don't know what you're saying."

"I will teach you." Tsireya said understandingly.

"Where is Kiri?" Roxto asked.

"Who?" Ao'nung looked around.

"Kiri." Roxto repeated. Everyone else started to look around and they noticed the missing Sully child.

"She'll find us." Neteyam answered. "She likes going off on her own like that."

"Come, we will show you how to ride an ilu." Ao'nung dove back underwater and started to swim back to the shore. Tsireya and Roxto were right behind him and Neteyam was quick to follow them with Tuk.