eight

.・。.・゜..・。.・゜.

Lo'ak was standing on top of his new friend tulkan, Payakan, while they headed back to the island. "Do you like looking at the stars? Alyara does." He spent most of the time he had with Payakan talking about Alyara.

It was the first time since he could remember when he was on a type of adventure without her. Although, he was more than glad that she wasn't there in the beginning when he got attacked. But after the near death experience, he missed his best friend.

So, that's when he found out there were different fish outside the reef than inside, he decided to take a look.

He spent about an hour swimming around and searching for the perfect fish that reminded him of Alyara. It was a light blue color and had a few other colors on its body. The colors that made up the sunset: orange, pink, and yellow.

After finding the fish he then spent another big amount of time figuring out how to bring this fish back to her. Then when he did get the fish to follow him, he still wasn't sure how he did that, another fish followed Alyara's fish.

The second fish kept following Alyara's even though Lo'ak tried to go in different directions to throw it off his path, but it kept following him. He gave up and let the second one follow him.

"You know, my dad came from a star." Lo'ak looked up at the sky and searched around for the one Jake pointed out to him and his siblings multiple times when they were kids. "That one right there."

He continued looking up at the night sky, remembering the night he went stargazing with Alyara. He wondered what she was doing at the moment and hoped that she gave Ao'nung hell when she saw him come back alone.

"Lo'ak!" Someone shouted his name from the island. He lowered himself down from his standing position.

"I'm in trouble." Lo'ak signaled to Payakan to leave. "Go, I will see you again." He went underwater to make sure Payakan left before checking to see if the two fish were still behind him.

Lo'ak was helped out by someone and he was worried about the two fish. Luckily, they swan pretty fast and followed him even though he was faster than he was when he was on Payakan.

"The boy has been found!"

"We found the Sully boy!"

Lo'ak thanked the Metkayina who helped him before getting onto the island. He already knew all eyes were on him, but he was only glaring up at Ao'nung. He shook his head with an angry sigh and was ready to continue the fight that happened that morning, but Jake stepped in.

"Hey." Jake stopped him. "Let's have a look at you." He checked Lo'ak front and back before turning to the everyone standing behind them. "He's fine, he's fine. It's just a few scratches." Lo'ak broke the glare he had on Ao'nung when Neytiri ran over to them.

Kiri, Neteyam, and Tuk were right behind her and they all looked worried. Lo'ak did a quick look around when he didn't see Alyara with them.

"I pray for the strength that I will not rip the eyeballs out of my youngest son." Neytiri used her hand to grab at the air in front of his face. Lo'ak leaned away and looked up at Tonowari who had began speaking.

"My son knows better than to take him outside the reef." He pushed Ao'nung down. "The blame is his."

"Okay, let's go." Jake wanted to get out of there.

"No." Lo'ak spoke up. "This is not Ao'nung's fault. This was my idea. Ao'nung tried to talk me out of it. Really." Neytiri placed her hand on his arm and looked at him with her head tilted.