Speak of the devil

The next day came close by,Tuesday to
be more exact.

Alex walked the school halls on his way to his lockers,maybe not paying much attention on...

anything really.

His head was working on autopilot for today,maybe it even goes on with shifts.

Either way it was sure that he didn't get much sleep last night,again.

Same problems,no solutions.

He remembers his way home yesterday.

That same Concrete sidewalk hinted with that shade of dark blue from the 5pm sky coming home later than usual.

His mother was very concerned about it,but Alex explained evrything shortly,trying to not cause too much wory on her.

She doesn't deserve to worry about her quick to anger and impatient son,thought Alex to himself.

....

He saw Charlie right next to his locker,surely predicting that the ravenette would be there.

"Hey Alex!"called Charlie on his way to him.

"Hi Charlie"responded Alex calmly as per usual.

"How are you man,you look deader than usual"said Charlie pretending to not see Alexes bruised eye at his left side.

"Tell me about it.I can barely function normaly,my head is pounding like hell"

"I'm guessing it went down to fists then yeah?"said Charlie raising an eyebrow toards the shorter who rubed his eye and opened his locker.

"Yeah.Beat his ass"he said the last part under his breath,barely unheard.

"Shit you actually got em??You my friend,are full of surprises..."said Charlie honestly a little surprised.

Beleave him,he does not underestimate his best friend,it's just that it is funny to him how he was able to put up with them.

Or down,in this case.

"Yeah,would say that I got a little bit of 'help' too."said Alex shutting the lockers door.Irony in his tongue.

"Help?What are you talking about.There is no way Sam left his beloved owners side to join up with you..."said Charlie sarcastically.

Alex smiled at the name that they had put to Justin.

His friendship with Sam was rather strange.Nothing more than a one sided thing,but even tho it was painfully obvious that Justin could not care for him less,he still kept staing to his side.Like a puppy or something.

Well he did leave him on the floor the last time he saw him.

It was strange,but humorous.

"Heh nah.It was someone compleately else.Fuck,if you could only see our surprise and confusion...

There was this one newbie who ran across us,out of nowhere"

"What.He helped you?

...It's a he right?"said Charlie with a shaky laugh.

"Yeah.Just,showed up and showed Sam his place,can't remember much but I know he ran away by the end of it.

Never even seen him before"

(hehe)

"You need to tell me the whole story dude.This sounds just unreal"said Charlie lying back on the lockers and pushing his glasses up"sounds like a good guy,I would thanked him or something"