.the best day

little!will
cg!mike and joyce too!
requested by: LenisBabie

will sighed to himself, shoving his crayons and paper under his bed as he heard a knock on the front door. he quickly scrambled to get up, bumping into joyce on the way down the stairs.
"who is it?" he asked excitedly, since he'd been waiting on mike all day.
joyce chuckled, ruffling his hair as she walked to the door with will on her heels bouncing excitedly behind her. she opened the door to reveal an out of breath mike, standing at the doorstep with his backpack in hand.
"mike!" will squealed, jumping onto the boy before he could fully make it inside the byers' home.
mike just laughed, dropping his bag to catch will as he carried him through the front door and back into the living room. "hi, will! i missed you!" he said excitedly, earning a happy squeal from his regressed companion.
will wiggled his way down, dragging mike over to where his toys sat in front of the couch. "p'ease pway with me! i been waitin' all day!" will said, giving mike his best puppy eyes.
mike chuckled, ruffling will's hair as he sat down in the floor, bringing will down in his lap.
will wasted no time in grabbing his favorite toy dragons, knights, the prince and princess, and the castle jonathon had made him. he shoved a few of the figurines in mike's hand, giving him a childish grin.
mike smiled brightly at will, ruffling the younger's hair and earning a whine in protest. "that's a cool castle, bud!" he gasped, using a tone full of faux excitement.
"we pway in 'da castle!" will clapped, opening it up and sitting a dragon on one of the towers. "hims my fav'wite one!"
mike gasped, holding up the red dragon to will. "yeah? tell me about him! what's his name?" he offered, earning an immediate string of excited babbles from the regressed boy.
"his name mike." he smiled up at him, causing mike's heart to absolutely burst at the seams in that very moment. "das' why he's my favoritest one!" will squealed, jumping on top of mike and sending the two of them flying backwards.
mike laughed, quickly wrapping his arms around the smaller boy on top of him. he patted his back, rolling over with will still in his arms and sitting up.
"how about lunch, little wizard?" mike offered, since joyce had been on them both, reminding them to eat.
"bu' 'm will the wise! no need food, am a wizard!" will proudly declared, earning a quiet laugh from mike.
"yeah? well wizards need to eat too, come on." he chuckled, hoisting will on to his back and running to the kitchen.
"ms. byers, the little wizard has requested chicken nuggets." mike said in a horribly funny british accent, earning a cackle from the boy on his back.
"your wish is my command, will the wise." joyce chuckled, motioning for the boys to sit at the table, who quickly obliged.
the rest of the day was spent eating nuggets, playing whatever games will invented, and a movie night with his favorite person in the entire world!

a/n
i'm truly sorry this was so short, but i have byler brain rot rn and i needed to get this out! hope you enjoy friends<3