. horror movies and hugs.

little!robin and eddie (brief mentions of eddie)
cg!steve and nancy
requested by: jamesmaguire_

it had became a routine for the four to watch a movie every saturday at steve's house, no matter what was going on.
and tonight was no different, with robin's head against nancy's thigh and her feet sprawled out across steve's lap as she lazily watches the tv with little regard to the movie.
she looks over to eddie, who's drawing something with crayons rather than actually watching the movie now and shakes her head while the slight feeling of jealousy washes over her.
she wanted to be taken care of. she wanted to play with eddie, and let nancy braid her hair!
she decided to push her thoughts aside, turning her focus back to the movie that was playing on steve's large tv.
she scrunched her face up in disgust at a particularly gory scene, turning to bury her head in nancy'a side with a small whine.
as the movie went on, robin was now completely on top of nancy and curled into the girl's lap completely.
nancy just hummed, carding her fingers through robin's hair and going on watching the movie and chatting with steve.
steve, who was alerted by the sound of robin's faint sniffling, looked up from the tv and over to his best friends.
"what's wrong, rob?" steve asked softly, pausing the movie and hearing a small sigh of relief escape robin's lips.
"i-it was gross, stevie!" the now clearly regressed girl sniffled, diving on top of steve and wrapping herself around him like a koala.
steve chuckled, patting robin's back as he shushed her cries and rocked her back and forth slowly. "see, baby bird, it's not real. none of it is real, and we won't let anything hurt you.." steve promises sincerely, watching as robin contemplates for a moment before nodding sadly.
nancy returned a moment later, a purple elephant and an orange sippy cup full of apple juice in each hand as she walked over to robin.
she kissed the girl's head, earning a small squeal as she hid her face in steve's shoulder.
"hey, bubba, i got daisy! and some yummy juice for you.." nancy cooed, watching as robin unattached herself from steve and made grabby hands for the items.
nancy obliged, alerting robin to eddie's barely known presence in the corner.
"you know, baby, eds might wanna play with you.." nancy said in a sing-song voice, watching as robin's eye lit up as she began to think about it.
steve, paying no mind to others, turned the movie back on for background noise without a second thought. only realizing his mistake when he heard robin sniffling and felt something moving behind the couch.
he was quick to turn it off, apologizing as he scrambled to scoop robin up onto his hip and steady her.
"i am so sorry, my little bird.." steve cooed, running a hand through her hair as he watched her face scrunch up in anguish as she cried.
he felt awful.
"c'mon, robbie, how about we all play a game instead? any game you want." steve offered, earning a curious hum and a thoughtful nod from robin.
she turned to face eddie, anticipating his reaction just as much as the others. he just nodded and clapped his hands, scrambling to robin's side and tugging at the bottom of nancy's skirt.
"nanny. up." eddie smiled sweetly, squealing in content when nancy successfully picked him up. she turned to face steve, chuckling as robin and eddie began babbling to each other.
robin giggled sweetly, sticking her tongue out at eddie playfully.
eddie just giggled and shook his head, his sleeve finding it's way into his mouth as the curly haired girl carried him on to the back porch.
steve was quick to follow, a squirming robin on his hip as he easily walked outside and on to the back patio.
he sat on the edge of the pool, robin beside him with her toes dipped in the cool water.
eddie, sat squished between steve and nancy, content with staring up at the stars and telling robin which constellations he thought he saw.
steve was lazily braiding robin's hair, watching in awe as her and eddie played their made up version of patty cake.
nancy was picking leaves and sticks out of eddie's hair, shaking her head and sighing as she tied his hair up for the millionth time that day.
and to some, it seemed too domestic. too much like a family.
but that's what it was, a family. a family of four who have never experienced such a love in each of their lifetimes.
so, no one would complain when the plans for the night took a drastic change. no one is upset when robin is scared of the movie, they take her outside and help her look for cool rocks and frogs.
they love robin.

a/n
i did not know how to end this but i really enjoyed writing it n i kinda wanna write a part two:))