. duck, duck, goose!

cg!mike
little!will
requested by: helloitsmeee302

"hey, bubba. are you ready to go see the duckies?" mike asked enthusiastically, lifting the small boy onto his hip with minimal struggle.
will squealed, nodding as he clapped excitedly. "yeah yeah! gon' feed 'em!" he exclaimed, eyes wide with anticipation and excitement as he stared up at his caregiver.
mike chuckled, sitting will on the edge of the bed as he began searching through the boy's dresser. he hummed to himself, smiling in pride when he decided on will's favorite striped t shirt and a pair of comfy, blue shorts.
will looked up at mike, making a face of disgust and shaking his head. "no."
mike raised an eyebrow, pulling out a pair of red shorts similar to the previous blue ones. "and how about these, little wizard?"
will nodded, giving mike a thumbs up. "das' better." he smiled, his tongue poking through his teeth as he giggled.
mike cooed softly, petting will's hair before attempting to get the boy dressed for his park day.
"okay, arms up, soldier." mike chuckled, watching as will dramatically threw his arms over his head and giggled.
"hurry up!" will complained, a slight whine to his tone as mike struggled to get the squirming boy to sit still.
"if a certain little wiggle worm would help me out, we could leave even faster!" mike's tone was laced with faux excitement, a sure fire way to make sure will would cooperate without throwing a fit.
"m'kay, be still." will nodded affirmatively, giving mike a goofy looking salute before letting the boy finish putting his socks on.
——-
after the short walk to the park, will was absolutely buzzing with excitement as he carried a handful of bread towards the pond in the center of the park.
"mike! we gon' feed duckies!" he squealed, taking mike's hand in his as he done little happy jumps the whole walk there.
when the pond came into view, mike internally thanked the universe when he seen the ducks roaming near the edge of the water.
"see, they're even waiting for you!" mike encouraged, keeping a protective hand on will's back as they inched toward the ducks with bread crumbs in hand.
will looked nervously between the ducks and mike, throwing down a tiny bit of bread as gently as he possibly could. "don't wanna scare the duckies.." he whispered, putting a finger over his lips to signal mike to whisper as well.
mike grinned proudly, gently taking will's hand and leading him to the bench by the water. he sat down, placing will on his lap.
"do you wanna feed them some more yummy bread?" mike asked, watching as will nodded enthusiastically.
"mhm! gonna feed 'em now!" the small boy squealed, gently throwing torn bits of bread towards the ducks scattered around the small grassy area around the water.
when a few ducks had made their way towards will's offering, he was ecstatic.
he tugged on mike's shirt, gasping and pointing to the five or six ducks scattered around their bench nibbling away at the bread. "look! duckies likes me!" he whispered-yelled excitedly.
mike nodded, gasping as well to match the regressor's energy. "yeah, baby! the ducks wanna be your friend, 'cause you're so awesome!" he praised, watching as will's face lit up in wonder.
just a simple day at the park was the happiest mike had seen will in weeks, all because of a few ducks and some encouragement.
just when will thought his day couldn't get any better, he seen something that looked like a duck, but was definitely not a duck.
"duck?" he asked curiously, pointing to the brown and gray bird waddling out of the bushes and towards the bread scattered around the grass and bench.
mike squinted, an 'ohh' coming out when he spotted the goose picking at the bread crumbs.
"that is a goose, my love. they're like a duck, but meaner and bigger."
will tilted his head curiously, raising an eyebrow. "mean?"
mike nodded, a look of pure seriousness on his face.
"mhm, they're mean birds."
will shook his head in protest, grabbing another bit of bread. "nope, goose be nice to me!" he assured, throwing a bit of bread towards the goose, and accidentally hitting it in the back with a crumb.
the goose turned around quickly, squawking furiously as it's wings flapped in retaliation. as soon as it came near will, he was jumping back onto the bench as the goose continued to honk furiously.
"bad goose! mean goose!" he threw the bread across the other side of the pond, watching as the bird waddled after the discarded bread.
mike shook his head, sighing softly as he hoisted sill onto on his hip and his bag onto his free shoulder.
"i think that's enough park today, huh?" he kissed the small boy's head, cooing when he yawned and tucked his face into his shoulder.
"i love you, little wizard."
"love 'ou more."
"never."