.no sleep for babies !

littles: chrissy and jason
caregiver: eddie
requested by: hearts4billy

eddie hummed quietly to himself whilst making his littles' beds, turning around to look back at them and make sure they hadn't run off to get into god knows what. he smiled in satisfaction at the beds, going out to wrangle the two for bedtime.
"okay, kiddos. it's bedtime." he said in a sing-song voice, earning an angry 'no' from jason and a sleepy nod from chrissy.
chrissy waddled over to eddie, lazily tugging at his shirt and making grabby hands. "up, eds! is s'eepy time!" she yawned, rubbing her eyes adorably.
meanwhile, jason, on the other hand, was not having it. he stomped over to eddie, crossing his arms and pouting. "it's a weekend! why is there bedtime?" he whined, huffing and puffing his cheeks out in a frustrated pout.
chrissy always wanted to sleep, being quite a big younger in her headspace than jason was. she teetered more towards the toddler side, while jason was more of an older kid, meaning he defied eddie a lot more than chrissy did.
chrissy whined, pouting up at eddie. "edsssss! 'm tired." she mumbled, laying her head on the caregiver's shoulder with a gentle coo.
eddie bounced her, patting her back soothingly. "i know, lil cheerleader. let's get to bed then, hm?" eddie said in a soft, sappy tone, reserved only for chrissy and jason. "that includes you too, mister." eddie pointed his finger at jason, giving him a playful glare.
"i said no! i wanna play!" jason threw his stuffie at eddie, but caught chrissy in the head with it instead. he didn't mean to hit her, but in her regressed mind, she thought it was on purpose.
she buried her head further in eddie's shirt, if that was even possible, whimpering quietly. eddie cooed down at her, giving jason a stern look before turning away.
"okay, little one. let's get you laid down first then, yeah?" eddie offered, earning a sleepy nod from chrissy, who was still snuggling sadly.
he carried the younger girl to the guest room, laying her in the bed gently. he walked over to the dresser, pulling out her pacifier and the pink clip that went with it.
eddie sat on the edge of the bed, stroking chrissy's hair softly as he hummed a lullaby. she cooed sleepily, wrapping her fingers around his hand as she fell into a slow and steady sleep.
eddie hummed in satisfaction, kissing chrissy's forehead before going back to the living room to deal with an angry jason.
"jason, come here." eddie said softly, sitting on the couch and patting the spot beside him gently.
jason reluctantly agreed, walking over to the couch and frowning up at eddie. "i'm not tired!" he immediately yelled, giving eddie no chance to speak first.
eddie blinked in surprise, thinking for a moment before speaking. "if you're not tired, how about we watch a movie?" he offered, to which jason quickly nodded and ran to the stack of tapes resting under the coffee table.
the regressed boy dug through the tapes, triumphantly holding up 'gremlins' and scurrying over to eddie with the tape in his hand. "this one?" he asked hopefully, to which eddie nodded.
"great choice, bud." eddie ruffled the younger's hair, putting the tape in the vhs and hitting play.
he picked jason up, grabbing a blanket from the back of the couch and wrapping them both in it, turning the lamp off in the process.
he sat down with jason on his lap, gently playing with the younger's hair as they watched the movie. about halfway through, eddie noticed jason had gotten quiet and looked down to check on him.
jason was sleeping peacefully, face smushed against eddie's shoulder as he snored quietly. eddie chuckled at this, picking jason up gently, careful not to wake the boy as he carried him to the guest room where chrissy was sleeping.
he very gently laid jason on the side of the bed next to chrissy, pulling the duvet over both of them and kissing their foreheads.
"goodnight, little loves." eddie cooed, tiptoeing out of the room and closing the door as gently as he could.

a/n
i'm so sorry this took so long to get out, i've been dealing with serious writers block, but i hope you enjoyed this!