. separation anxiety.

little!max and el
caregiver!nancy
requested by: -BRXUSSXRDS-

max glared at nancy, a furious pout on her face as she stared up at the older girl.
"what do you mean el can't come?" max whined, her cheeks bright red with frustration.
el, who was sitting opposite of nancy and beside max, shook her head vigorously. "don't make me go!" el whined, cuddling into max's side.
nancy had to stifle a chuckle at the girls' theatrics, patting both their hands fondly. "max, it's just bath time, she will be back! and then it's your turn!" nancy make sure to speak in a tone of faux enthusiasm to keep max and el's attention.
el seemed to relax at that, nodding softly as she loosened her grip on the redheaded girl beside her. she watched in anticipation of max's reaction, pouting when max didn't accept that for an answer.
just as nancy expected, max would immediately shake her head no and propose the idea of no bath at all instead.
"maxie, there isn't enough room in the tub for you both, and it's a school night..." nancy spoke in a hushed tone, running her hands through max's red hair.
"but why not?" she pouted, earning a nod in agreement from eleven, who seemed to join in on the pouting for the hell of it.
"yeah, mama, why not?" el asked sweetly, tilting her head in an act of pure curiosity.
nancy smiled softly, leaning down to the small girls' level to speak. "i promise i'll even give you guys ice cream after! i'll make them so quick!" she spoke softly, but enthusiastically.
max was not having it. she shook her head and kicked her feet, an angry squeal escaping her mouth as she whined dramatically.
despite el not throwing a tantrum, her crying seemed to speed up as max got angrier and louder.
nancy was quick to intervene though, pulling max into her lap and beckoning for el to scoot closer. she sighed softly, bouncing max on her knee to try and hush her.
"el, she's not mad at you, love. she's mad she has to be away from you, because she loves you so much." nancy cooed, a wide and soft smile present on her face as el nodded in understanding and sniffled.
she turned her attention to max next, carding her fingers through the small girl's hair as she spoke in the same gentle tone.
"i know you love your sissy so much, yeah? i promise i'll make bath time so quick." max thought about it for a moment, but quickly shook her head as she peered up at nancy through teary and red eyes.
"do you mean it?" max sniffled, a small hiccup escaping as she stared up at nancy anxiously.
"of course, i mean it. i'll even pinky promise!" nancy offered her pinky to max and el, who happily joined their pinkies on to nancy's.
"okay, max, let's go take a bath.." nancy cooed, scooping the girl up and placing her onto her hip with a soft hum.
max sniffled, laying her head on nancy's shoulder with a sad pout. "mama, el can come too!" max suddenly spoke up, gasping as she realized the simple revelation.
"she can sit on the toilet!" max squealed, turning her head to face el, only to be met with the girl toddling after the two quickly.
"yeah, mama! yeah!" el cheered, bouncing on her toes as she made grabby hands towards the curly haired girl.
nancy obliged with a sigh, struggling but managing to scoop el onto her other hip. as absolutely exhausting as it was to babysit the two, especially on days like these, she couldn't stay mad at them for long.

a/n
look at me being all active n stuff !! this one was a little bad towards the ending so my apologies but i hope you enjoy this!