.two babies

littles! steve and eddie (a heads up, eddie is quite a bit smaller than steve)
cg! ronance
requested by: my idea:)

robin swore her heart could burst from seeing nancy play so gently with steve and eddie. she let out a small coo, patting the floor on the space in front of her feet as she watched eddie.
"c'mere, crawl to auntie robin.." she cooed, watching as the baby clumsily crawled over to her and laid his head on her knee with a soft gurgle.
steve, being in a slightly older headspace than eddie, was having a "tea party" in the corner with nancy.
nancy chuckled at steve's antics, pretending to munch on a plastic cookie as she spoke in her absolute worst british accent. "this tea is so delicious, sir steven!" she giggled, earning a fit of cackles from the younger.
both were alerted from their playtime when they heard a thump followed by a wail. steve was quick to run to eddie, pulling him into a hug and giving him a messy kiss on the forehead.
"bubba, 's okay!" he smiled goofily, offering eddie his favorite stuffed animal, a bunny named pickles.
eddie accepted the comfort item, hiccuping as he reached out for robin and nancy. robin was quick to scoop him up, placing him on her lap and sitting down on the couch.
nancy and steve were quick to follow, everyone piling around eddie and trying to calm him down. it didn't take nancy long to realize that eddie wasn't crying because he fell, rather than because he'd been left out of steve and nancy's games.
steve looked guilty. terribly guilty. he exchanged sad looks with nancy and robin, taking it upon himself to clumsily pick eddie up and carry him over to their shared play area.
"bubby wan' play with us?" he asked, earning a sniffle and nod from eddie.
steve quickly handed eddie one of the teacups, a doll, and plenty of the pretend food him and nancy were playing with earlier. he looked disappointed when eddie just shook the toys and banged them together, chewing on the ear of his bunny as he done so.
steve grumbled a little, looking over to the two caregivers watching from the couch.
"he's doin' it wrong.." steve whined, earning a curious tilt of the head from eddie.
nancy chuckled, coming to sit in the floor with the boys, robin right behind her.
"he's playing with you, he's just a little smaller than you." nancy explained softly, earning a sad but understanding nod from steve.
robin got up, running to the guest room and appearing with multiple sets of blocks and puzzles, along with a few baby toys to keep eddie occupied when he inevitably got bored.
"how about we try these, hm? you both love them!" robin offered, earning an eager nod from steve and a squeal from eddie.
eddie was first to crawl over to robin and nancy, babbling something incoherent and curiously picking up a block.
steve was right behind him, immediately becoming engrossed in the cat themed puzzle robin had given him. he turned to eddie, who was shaking his stuffie and building a tower of blocks.
he smiled at the younger, offering him a puzzle eddie. "you wanna help, eds?" steve lisped, earning a curious nod from eddie.
steve parted his legs, letting eddie lay comfortably in the space between them as he tried to fit a piece of the puzzle against another, though it wasn't exactly quite right.
steve giggled, grabbing onto eddie's hand and guiding it to the correct placement. "silly baby.." steve laughed, which caused eddie to burst into the most angelic fit of baby giggles.
robin and nancy had to contain their squeals at the sight before them, both of their hearts swelling with pure love at seeing the two little ones get along so well.
eddie's pacifier fell from his mouth, alerting the two caregivers when he began whining and sniffling.
steve was quick to help, like the good big brother he was. he giggled at eddie's antics, picking up the pacifier clipped to eddie's shirt and sticking it back in his mouth.
"bubba, it's on your shirt!" he giggled, wrapping his arms around eddie and swaying them back and forth on the floor.
eddie let out soft babbles along the lines of 'abababa' and some giggling, reaching up to grab steve's face with a small coo. "stebe.." he lisped around his paci, fluttering his eyes at the other boy.
nancy looked to robin, covering her mouth as robin mimicked her action.
"our lil baby loves.." robin whispered to nancy, who hummed in agreement.
their conversation was cut short by a whine from eddie, who was barely awake at that point.
"ummm...i think bubba need a nap." steve pouted, looking up at the two girls with sad eyes.
robin nodded in agreement, scooping the baby onto her hip and bouncing him softly.
"ohhh, you're alright honey. c'mon.." she cooed, patting his back rhythmically as she carried him to the guest room.
"stebe.." eddie whined softly, sniffling as he looked up at robin with the widest puppy eyes known to mankind.
"oh buddy, stevie doesn't have to nap.." she said sadly, which earned tears from eddie and a lot of protestant whines.
steve, however, did not want to leave his bubba and decided he'd walk upstairs to cuddle with him. "nanny, wanna go cuddle with eds." he made grabby hands to the girl, who obliged and scooped him up.
"i think he'd love that, little man! you're such a sweet boy.." nancy praised, opening the door to the guest room and smiling sadly when she seen robin comforting a very sad eddie.
"look who wants to cuddle, baby!" nancy piped up, warning a squeal and immediate grabby hands from eddie.
robin walked over, taking steve from nancy and placing him beside eddie, tucking them both in securely with their stuffies and pacifiers.
"awww, look at our sweet boys.." robin cooed, placing small kisses on their foreheads before shutting the light off.
"sweet dreams, bubba.." steve whispered, turning over to cuddle eddie.
eddie had never slept so good in his life.

a/n
this one is a bit longer than my others, but i hope you guys enjoyed this !!