Ch 6: Laughter and Giggles.

.
.
.
"I am back," Subaru informed as he carried a single serving of tokoyaki in his hand. It turned out that there was a discount on the Tokoyaki, and with the limited money Anim had and the lack of money Subaru had because he forgot his wallet, they settled for it.

Subaru handed Anim the food as he sat down besides him on the bench. "That place had one hell of a line. Are these even good?" Subaru whined a bit as Anim chuckled, saying, "Well, I'll be the judge of that! I am not blinded by the love of Tokoyaki to dismiss the flaws."

"Stop making it sound professional," Subaru let out a small laugh as he waited for Anim to eat the thing he had to stand in line for. Anim took one of them and placed it in his mouth, carefully biting it down as he tried his best not to react too much to the warmth of the thing.

"Oi, be careful, it's warm." Subaru warned when he saw Anim struggle so little, but he finally ate the damn thing and looked at Subaru, saying, "Man, you warned me so early? Not like I have already eaten one or anything."

"Yeah, yeah, anyways. How is it?" Subaru asked with a small smile. Anim hummed at that question, forming a smile as he picked one of the tokoyaki up and raised it to Subaru's face, "If you're curious, then try it yourself!"

Subaru's eyes widen as he becomes flustered, "Huh? Don't treat me like a child! I don't even like Tokoyaki!"

"Subu. Eat before I make this Tokoyaki an aeroplane, and treat you like a real child," Anim laughed as Subaru pouted and ate the thing. His eyes widening a bit as he chewed down on the item, "It's... um.."

"Good~? I know!" Anim chuckled and picked another one to feed Subaru, to which the guy ate another with the cutest face ever. "Stop feeding me... I am not a child."

"You're a year younger than me. So you are." He laughed as he ate one himself, enjoying the flavor. "Demon World has some talent for cooking human food, huh? It's better than I expected," Anim commented, to which Subaru nodded.

Anim had already raised a Tokoyaki for himself, but Subaru held his wrist and guided it towards him, and he ate the thing. Anim watched baffled, "I took that one for me!"

"Not anymore," Subaru chuckled with a grin, "Your fault for not being fast enough."

"I thought you weren't a fan of Tokoyaki." Anim raised his brow with a pout; sure, there were still quite a few left, but of course, he had to fight for every single sacrifice.

"I... Um... You feeding them made them taste.. More special..." Subaru spoke with a shy expression as he looked away from the boy. Anim blushed at the comment as he turned his head away, "must be the bacteria-" He blurred out.

Anim broke out in a fit of laughter after realising what he said. Subaru looked at Anim with a wired face. "You- why are you like this?"

"Honey, I... I just have to too." Anim spoke in between his laughter as he ate the rest of the thing. Subaru was a bit taken off guard with the silliness, but joined in on the laughter as well. He didn't break out into a fit like Anim, though.

-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-

"Subaru! Look!" Anim tugged on Subaru's sleeve as he pointed at one of the street stalls. Subaru's eyes fell on the stall as well, as both of them walked there. It was surprisingly empty, probably because the owner had left it for a bit.

"Look at this earring! It's so cool." Anim raised an earring that had one dangling side and small green and blue pearls attached at the ends. "Hmm.. Looks fine, I suppose."

"Man, if only I had kept wearing my old one and not dropped it during high school," Anim chuckled. Subaru raised a brow as he raised his hand and burshed the boys hair away, tucking it behind his ear. "You had Peirsings before?"

Anim was a bit embarrassed by Subaru's touch, but didn't let it get to him too much. "Yeah, during my middle school rebellious phase," he chuckled when he remembered the old memory.

It wasn't the best time, but he remembers Yui being concerned that he was hanging out with some bad kids or bullies. But nope, he thought this particular earring looked interesting and took it.

"Ah! Yuma also has one! Maybe we two could match if I ever decided to have it again," Anim smiled. Subaru frowned a little at the mention and said, "...How about me though?"

"Hmm?" Anim looked at Subaru and said, "Aw, Jelly much?"

"Pusht- No. Don't pay attention to that." Subaru shoved the topic off as he picked up a hat that has a ribbon tied and looks like a classic hat with nothing special to it.

"Hey, that will look good on you." The smaller male pointed out, and Subaru rolled his eyes in response, "Your Delusional."

"No! Try it! I am serious."

"No"

"Come on! Please?"

"Ugh..." Subaru groaned as he looked around, trying to see if anyone familiar was in sight. Since he found no one around, he sighed, "Okay, fine... Just because YOU asked. This is not something I wanted to do." Subaru's intentions are clearly stated.

Anim nodded as he waited for Subaru to put the hat on. He didn't wear it properly, so Anim had to get on his toes and adjust it for him. He made sure Subaru looked gorgeous; he already was, of course.

"There! Aw~ you look good!" Anim chuckled. Subaru blushed at the smile as he rubbed the back of his neck, "Really..?"

"Mhm! You look good in everything, Subu," he said.

"Thank you." Subaru had this innocent smile, which Anim would treasure for the rest of his life.

"My who is that pretty tall lady with you, Little Ani~ mind introducing me to her?"

"Huh...? Laito? What are you talking about?-" Laito stood a little behind them, and Subaru was facing his back at him as he too heard the comment. "Of course I am talking about the lady with you. Maybe I can steal her away for a while~"

Anim looked at Laito and then at Subaru. He covered his mouth as he tried not to laugh and held his stomach. "You-you want 'her', huh?" Anim asked, and he tried to act all serious.

"Hm? Yes," Laito answered in an obvious tone.

Subaru placed his hat down, and with a face as red as a tomato, he turned his head back to look at Laito, "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY YOU BITCH?!"

"HO MY LORD-"

"BAHAHAHAHAHA"

========================================================================

Fun Fact: the Laito Scenario actually happened in the game! :D