Ch 8: Smashhhhhhhh

.
.
.

Something was off, and he knew it. This wasn't the first time he hallucinated something that didn't happen; it happened before when he left Yui, and... the day after the lunar eclipse. 

Anim placed his finger on his chin as he walked around the carnival. He wanted to look around a bit, but this thought kept eating up his whole mind. Not until he bumped into a literal wall, that is.

"Ow," Anim groaned as he rubbed his forehead. A chuckle was heard, followed by a voice of concern, "Are you okay, Anim?" 

Anim knew the voice all too well: "Hell yeah, I am totally fine." He looked up at the wall for a guy. "What are you doin' here, Yuma?" 

"What do you think I'll be doing at a carnival, huh?" He spoke in an obvious tone. Anim rolled his eyes as his attention was then shifted to what Yuma was holding in his bags: "What are you carrying? It seems like you bought a lot of things"

Yuma put on a wide smirk as he held Anim's hand and brought him to a nearby bench. He placed the two bags down and opened them. "I got some really good stuff here!" 

"Yuma...? That's... A lot of fertilizer" Anim widen his eyes at the amount of different fertilisers he saw in the bags. He picked up the packages and tried to read what was written, obviously failing horribly. 

"What do you mean? I can't just use any fertiliser from the demon world to grow my plants now. These fertilisers are powered by magic, so they have different effects on the soil!" Yuma answered as he placed his finger on the package Anim was holding, saying, "Like this one, this one, when mixed in the soil, would produce the vegetables more quickly. Now I don't know how much of that is true, but I have to cross-check this to see if it fits with my vegetables or not." 

"Yeah, I totally get all that." Anim blinked a few times as he placed the fertiliser down and just placed his arms behind him. "Anyways, what's in the other bag? Don't tell me it's your lovely sugar."

"Exactly," Yuma grins, and takes out a jar of sugar. And then took out another jar of sugar. And ho Lord, it keeps on comin'.

"You have an addiction, sir," Anim pointed out with a dry chuckle. "Let's talk when you calm down with your Dragon and Dinosaur addiction" Yuma also pointed out. Anim rolled his eyes at the taunt. 

After this small interaction, the two of them began their journey together as they browsed through the streets of the carnival. 

"Thereis  a fuckin' amusement park? With the rollercoaster and everything?" Anim spoke astonished as he looked up at the big park, "Mr. Karlheinz spared no expense on this carnival, huh?" 

"Yeah, honestly, I don't see the point of this celebration, but whatever, at least I got my fertilizer."

"Geez, you haven't moved on from the fertilisers yet?" 

"Nope" 

The two heard some voices that just kept ringing in their ears, something along the lines of, "Man, I can't wait to finally eat some cotton candy!" And "it's been a while since Mr. Poppla came back with his little stall! His cotton candy is just mmmmmhhhh!"

Anim looked at Yuma. Yuma looked back at Anim. And the two somehow found themselves standing in line for some cotton candy. 

"People are really talking fondly about these; they better be good." Yuma huffed, saying that standing in lines is a real pain, and Anim agreed. The line, for some reason, was quite long. It took them about 15 minutes to finally get their turn on the candy. 

Anim looked at the stall owner, immediately squinting his eyes at him. The stall owner broke into a sweat as he asked, "Why—what's the matter, child? Why frown at this old man?"