Ch 11; Being Overpowered doesn't mean there are not limitations

.
.
.

"Okay, Custard, I do like you a lot, but you have to get in the book with the others. But trust me, you are my favourite child out of all of them." Anim nodded as he held an open book in front of the little dragon. The dragon, however, hissed at the request. 

"Custard..." Anim stepped threateningly closer to the dragon. He would love to have custard out for as long as he wants, but there is a big underlining problem. Of course there is. 

Magic comes with its limitations, and while summoning things is interesting since summoned creatures are a part of the summoner, they drive the life force out of the user. Now that Anim is immortal, so is KarlHeinz, but life force doesn't stop with the living years; it's their strength, their whole immune system, their agility, basically the things that would make one go half insane and also be unable to get up. 

Anim was already feeling like he was going to scream if Custard didn't go in the book. The book was the best way he could remember his memoirs and also successfully put them out of existence. He also has no control over whether the creatures will listen to him all the time or not, but that's more of a Him problem at the moment. Hence, he turned the big flying lizard into a baby lizard. 

"CUSTARD, COME BACK AND GET IN THE BOOK!" Anim yelled as he chased the baby dragon all over the castle. "Yuma, help me out here!" 

"Yeah, yeah, but will you stop screaming?" Yuma groaned as he chased the dragon, "Why don't you just grab him with magic?" 

"ah-wait yeah-" Anim stopped the chase as he raised his hand, held on to the dragon, and dragged it towards the two. "Geez, my head is aching... Yuma just put him in the book." Anim handed him the book as he rubbed his forehead. Yuma held it and patted his back for some comfort. 

"All right, little guy, time to get used to your new home," and the dragon burned the book to ash.

...

"uh..." Yuma and Anim were flabbergasted. "I did not see that coming," Anim told as he walked to ashes that were now on the floor. Anim touched the ash as he began to turn the time around, which was successful, but he accidentally let go of the dragon, and the dragon just flew away again. 

"Ah! He ran away again!" Yuma yelled as Anim picked up the now-recovered book and chased the dragon. "I SWEAR I AM GOING TO GO INSANE IF THIS GOES ON!!" Anim yelled. 

"Geez, you guys are being so loud.." A voice was heard as the dragon bumped straight into the guy and was captured again. The dragon tried to blast him, but the he just forced his mouth shut, and the dragon was suddenly completely shut down. 

"Shu! How did you control that? I have been chasing him around for hours." Anim huffed as he ran up to Shu and immediately made Custard go back into the book and shut it. Finally taking a breath of relief, he almost crumbled apart. 

"ah? What are you doing here, you NEET?" Yuma huffed as he came behind Anim. 

"This castle is owned by my old man. What would I not be doing here?" 

"You cocky bastard-"

"I didn't know that answering you would regard me as a bastard." 

"YOU-" 

The two would have started an argument if Anim hadn't stepped in to stop them with, "Yuma, where is your fertilizer?" 

"eh? I kept it in the living room. Did you forget?" 

"Huh. Maybe you should go and check on that. You know how Mr. KarlHeinz has been trolling us, right?" Anim pointed it out as Yuma considered the suggestion. "Tch, fine, fine," 

"Put this away as well while you're going!" Anim yelled as he threw the book at Yuma. which hit straight to his head, "oops-" 

"Pufft-..." 

"YOU TWO HAVE SOME NERVE-" 

---------------------------------------

Anim could finally relax, if only for a bit. He sat back on the comfortable couch as he basically melted into the thing. probably became one with the couch. 

"You came back faster than expected," Shu said as he lazed on the other sofa in his usual lazing pose.

"Yeah, some WIRED things happened," Anim said with a bit of annoyance when he remembered the chaos Mr. Karl was causing for him literally for no reason. 

"Is Father playing tricks on you?" Shu asked as if this was a normal question he would ask anyone. Anim's eyes shot open as he sat straight and looked at the blonde, asking, "How did you guess that?" 

"Experience." He answered as he opened his eyes to look towards Anim, "You do have your fair share of runnings with him. I wouldn't be surprised." He yawns by the end of it. 

"Whao... Impressive" Anim was genuinely surprised that Shu caught on to the detail; he usually seems too listless to even care. "But, yeah. Well, I don't think all of it is his doing though... Some feel a little off," 

"Hmm..." And that was his only reply; the two sat in silence for a bit, but then he spoke again, "I wouldn't say you shouldn't worry about it, but I wouldn't recommend taking stress either... You will anyhow have a conversation with him in the end."

"You are right..." Anim looks down as he fidgets with his fingers a bit. The bats and the old man incident were definitely Mr. Karl's fault; he was sure of it, but the hallucinations and that blade incident were... His presence seemed to be there, but at the same time it felt unintentional and not his. 

When Anim really looked at it from a distance, he realised that his assumptions made no sense at all. 

Shu got up as he groaned, "So troublesome... But come on, get up. Let's go out." 

"Huh? But I just got here."

"Your point?" 

"... that I just got here." 

Shu groaned again, and he held Anim's hand and got him up on his feet. "Well, we are going out again... Just don't make too much noise about it."

"You are so sweet-"

"This was exactly what I was talking about." 

Anim chuckled as he stepped close to Shu, holding his hand as he intervened between their fingers. "Well, take care of me then. I am counting on you."

"Ah, what a pain... But alright," Shu yawned as the two began walking out. 

Two boys hold hands, 
Now they are walking down the street, 
Soon they will K. I. S. S. I. N. - sorry.

====================================

Hellooooo

 Oh my Lord I am finally writing about Shu because I was waiting for it.

His route when I read it, just wasn't great at all. Like I was expecting it be good but it wasn't and it just- broke me- so I am finally going to re-write it.

Anyhow, bye bye!