CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

February 2nd, 2021

VALERIE'S POV

I was sitting in a car, coming back home after being at the hospital for 2 weeks. I still was struggling with amnesia, but everyone were really understanding and helped me with remembering each person'a name. The guy who was driving, he was apparently my best friend. I didn't remember anything but Mitchel, my ex, told me that it's better for me to not know what happened before my accident. I'd get massive headaches recently but i didn't want anyone to know. Once we were in front of my house, i noticed so many people waiting there. My friends told me that i was and still am a famous singer and a model but I really didn't remember any of that. I'd cry my eyes out at night because i wanted my old life back. They helped me get out of the car and walked me to my house. Then they sat me on the couch in the living room and brought me some water.

- Thank you guys.- I muttered and looked at everyone around me.

- Of course, tell us when you need anything Vee.- Jordan smiled and disappeared in the kitchen.

I didn't like her, but she was still better than Josie. I was really lost, because of what's been happening. Mitchel wouldn't leave me at all, even for a second. He was around 24/7 and it's not like I hated it, i actually started to like it. One day we were all sitting in the living room, watching a movie, when i started feeling sick.

- Guys i think something is wrong.- I whispered and ran to the bathroom. I threw up and sat next to the toilet.

Mitchel came running to me and helped me get back up. He looked worried and so did his girlfriend. They helped me get to the living room and sat me on the couch.

- Are you okay? For how long has this been going Valerie?- Jordan asked, holding my hand.

- A few weeks, but I didn't say anything because i thought it's usual after my injury.- I muttered and laid my head on Mitty's arm.

- It's not Vee. We gotta get you checked up.- Mitchel whispered and pushed my hairs that fell in my face behind my ear.

I just nodded tiredly and closed my eyes. I was exhausted after all of these days of throwing up. I've lost so much weight. I wasn't healthy at all. When i got some tests done, everything was fine so it must've been my brain not working or something.
I was just trying to get back my old life. I've been getting back my memories with people, so that was a good thing. Then one day, i remembered Matthew. It just hit me at the end of 2021 and i was afraid, he'll be mad and everything. I took my phone and called his number. It took him a few seconds to pick up.

"Hey Valerie. Are you okay?"

"Oh no, I just remembered you. I'm so sorry I didn't call you or anything."

"No it's okay, it's all good. You needed time."

"So we're good?"

"Yes we are."

"Could we maybe, meet up or..."

"Sure, i'll come pick you up in an hour. See ya!"

And then he hung up. I changed into jeans and a big hoodie and straightened my hair. I went downstairs and noticed the boys sitting in the kitchen. I walked there and stood in front of them.

- I'm going out.- I spoke and was ready to leave the room but Mitchel pulled me back.

- Where, will you be okay?- He asked, like i'd be a baby.

- Mitchel i'm an adult. I'll be fine.- I reassured and walked out of the house. I knew he'll be worrying anyways, but it didn't matter.

I walked to Matthew's car and saw him standing right next to it, waiting for me. He smiled at me and i smiled back.

- You've changed.- He smiled and gave me a hug.- I missed you Valerie.

- I missed you too. Where are we going?- I asked and got in the car. I wasn't afraid anymore, i felt safe.

- Anywhere, we can go to the beach.- He suggested and started driving.

- I'm down. Haven't been there for, what a year?- I chuckled and looked outside the window.

I liked car rides a lot. It was my favorite thing to do in my free time. I still couldn't sing so i didn't really have a choice. I wanted to start doing it again, but my health didn't let me. I knew i have to start recovering, but it was just so hard i barely could even think about it. Matt must've noticed i've been daydreaming so he chuckled to himself. That caught my attention. I looked at him and smiled.

- What are you laughing at?- I giggled and slightly hit his arm.

- You.- He answered and focused on the road.

I liked this boy. But something was still telling me i should stay with Mitty, not him. It was bigger than me. I couldn't get a break i swear. Everything would be alright, if not what happened in the past. What i caused. It was still stuck in my brain and wouldn't go away, even after getting professional help.

- I know i'm funny right, thank you.- I teased and heard the guy chuckle.

- We're here, let's go.- He murmured and got out of the car. He opened the door for me and helped me get out, since i was still really weak.

He was taking care of me, because he knew i'm fragile. I could fall apart at any moment. He was really gentle with me and patient. We were walking beside the sea, when he stopped and turned around to face me. He stared deep in my eyes and then put his hand on my cheek.

- You're beautiful Valerie.- He spoke softly with a smile on his face.- The most beautiful girl i've ever seen. He then kissed my lips and pulled me closer by my neck. The kiss was filled with love and passion.

Yet it didn't feel right to me. He was all over me, but i was all over the place instead. I couldn't let myself feel happy even for a second. When we pulled away he frowned and tilted his head to the side.

- Are you okay?- He whispered while reaching to hold my hand.

I stepped back and glanced at him with tears in my eyes. He knew I hardly ever show emotions. By the look on his face i could tell he was worried.

- I'm sorry Matt. I like you, don't get me wrong, but I can't.- I sobbed and started walking back slowly.- It's just so much for me, i don't know what i want. Please forgive me.

And with that words i ran back to the parking lot. I called an Uber and went back home. Mitchel was still awake when I arrived at home. He was sitting in silence on the couch. I walked to him and sat next to him. None of us said anything. We just say there in complete silence. Then I laid my head on his arm and sighed.

- Why is this shit so unfair.- I spoke quietly and wrapped my hands around his arm.- I hate it here Mitchel.

- Me too Vee. I really wish I could take it all away from you, because I can deal with it. I promise.- He whispered and kissed my head.

- Let's escape. Just disappear, anything please. Together.- I lift my head up to look at him, to my surprise he was already looking down at me.

- Where.- He asked.

- Hawaii, it'll be quiet. And the beauty of that country. Please Mitchel.- I continued.

- Pack your things. We're leaving.- He announced and stood up carefully.

I was so happy, we'll finally be alone. No people in my life, nobody will even know i'm alive. We left the same night and didn't answer anyone. I was fine with only having him. Our happiness didn't last forever though. One night changed everything. And i'll describe it, in details.

***

I feel getting yelled at by all of you.