CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

October 21st, 2021

VALERIE'S POV

He was standing right there, in front of me. Looking down at me, with sad eyes, like he'd be about to cry. I stood there terrified, with shock noticeable on my face. I didn't know what is he doing here. I made it clear that i don't want to continue the relationship with him. We were standing like that for a few minutes and then he walked closer and hugged me. I didn't hug him back. I looked back at Mitchel, and tried signing him to help me, but he just looked at me annoyed and walked to Ellie's room.

- Let go off me Matthew.- I groaned, patting his arm. He stepped back and looked at me confused.

- I thought you needed a hug? I missed you.- He tilted his head and gestured with his hands.

- No Matt, I'm fine. What are you doing here, you don't live in Hawaii.- I tried pushing him out but he was too heavy for me to do anything with his presence.

- I heard about Jayson. I'm so sorry, and I thought maybe you'll need someone's help? You're alone.- He bit his lip and hid his hands into his sweats' pockets.

- No, I'm not alone. Now can you please leave, and go back to Los Angeles?- I sighed and tried closing the door but he stopped me.

- What do you mean? Are you seeing someone?- He shook his head while furrowing his brows.

- Y-Yes. Now get out.- I answered and slammed the door in front of his face. I turned around and sighed, looking for Mitchel in the room.

I made my way to Ellie's room, and found him sitting in the armchair. I rested my head on the door's frame and crossed my arms on my chest, while looking at him. He looked back at me and bit his lip.

- Listen Mitty, I'm so-.- He didn't let me finish. Instead he looked at his lap and patted it.

- Come here.- He whispered. He didn't seem mad, or anything. It was surprising to me.

I walked to him, and sat on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. I wrapped my arms around his neck and frowned.

- What is going on? Aren't you mad?- I asked, while caressing his hair. He looked me in the eyes and smiled.

- No, why would I be mad. You got rid of him so fast, i could barely keep on with what's happening.- He answered and kissed my cheek.

- You're insane Mitchel, you really are.- I giggled and rested my head on his arm.- What'll be next? I mean with Ellie, me. You.- I whispered.

- I don't know, but as long as we are safe, I don't care.- He muttered and looked at Ellie, that was sleeping in her crib.

I thought everything will be perfect, and that it'll stay like this. But then, i forgot about Jay's first birthday without him actually being here, christmas. It was all gonna happen, and I knew it'll destroy everything between me and Mitchel. He didn't know about my addiction yet. I was scared that everything will come out and I'll actually be alone. Adding to that, I knew Matthew won't let go. I haven't seen the boys in weeks, and we've been planning on moving to Hollywood for a few months now, which is great because i always wanted to live there, but with a newborn everything seems to be more complicated and weird.

***

I knew i had to quit doing drugs, and get sober. For Ellie of course. I cared about her little ass more than about anyone else. Mitchel still didn't notice my problem until that day. We were packing for Chase Atlantic's tour, when he found a package with a few pills. He stood in the door frame, looking at me. I thought he's just admiring me, since he'd do that a lot, but not this time.

- Mitchel I know you're standing there.- I turned my head to look at him with a smile, that i dropped as soon as i saw his face and the thing he was holding. - I can explain.

- Oh really, thank you.- He snapped, throwing the package at me.- I trusted you, you said you're sober. How am I supposed to know if all of the shit you said to me were true?- He frowned.

I stood up and walked to him. He stepped back, and that's where i knew it's bad.

- Mitty please listen. I know i've told you i'm clean, but then Jay died, we have a whole ass kid on us man. It's hard. I'm so drained.- I managed to speak while sobbing.- I'm so sorry.

- I would've cared about your apology, if not the fact that you weren't sorry until i found out. Get a grip and pick up your shit. I'm done dealing w it.- He continued, and tried walking away but i gripped his arm.- Leave me alone.- He said and shrugged my hand off, leaving me in the room alone.

Then things went down fast. He took away all of his things, including Ellie and went back to LA, leaving me here alone. I flew back to Australia, and begged my parents to let me stay. They let me stay only if i let them send me to rehab. I cried but agreed after all. I wanted to get better. I had nobody left. Mitchel left, Kras and Clinton didn't want to hear from me, and well Ellie was taken away. Nobody knew how much did i cry that night.

***

i wanna write another book ab mitchel after this one NGL. hi guys i'm updating again 😊