CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

October 7th, 202

VALERIE'S POV

I've been living with Jayson for a week now. It's been hard for him since Josie died. I tried feeling bad, but I just couldn't. That probably makes me a bad person, but i can't feel bad for someone that made my life hell. What did he exactly do? Well, after I left to Hawaii, him and his girlfriend would post awful shit about me. They tried destroying my reputation, but it didn't work out. Jayson mentally abused me, and that's what saved me from all of these accusations.

I was sleeping on an armchair, that was settled next to Ellie's crib when her crying woke me up. I stood up quickly and picked her up, trying to figure out what's going on. Jayson was sleeping, and so was everyone else. I kissed her head and tried calming her down, but she kept crying. That's when Mitchel came in to help me.

- Give me her.- He whispered to me, reaching out his hands. I passed him the baby and collapsed on the armchair.- Valerie, she's clearly hungry.

- Michel, i've never been a mother. And to be honest, this is the first newborn i've ever seen!- I answered. He smiled at me and looked at the kitchen.

- Can you make the bottle?- He asked, still holding Ellie. She wasn't crying as much now.

- Yes, wait.- I went to the kitchen and made the damn bottle. I was annoyed, because I really didn't want to stay here for longer than it's needed.- There you go.- I gave him the milk and tilted my head to the side.

- You look so cute, when you're watching us like this.- Mitchel muttered, while feeding Ellie. I smiled at them, and sat back on the armchair, praying to god she'll go back to sleep.

I wasn't complaining about not getting enough sleep or anything, because i knew Jay needed this. He needed our help. I hated myself for letting him in my life again, but i couldn't just leave him. I'm not a monster right?

Suddenly we heard something hitting the floor in the kitchen. I looked at Mitchel with fear in my eyes and ran there. I saw Jayson laying on the floor. I crouched next to him and checked if he's unconscious.

- I'm sorry, Vee. I'm so sorry.- He sobbed. I looked around and saw blood on his wrists. I gasped and held them up.

- No Jay listen. It's okay. Oh god. Mitchel!- I cried for him. I heard him running to me. I was crying so much, Kras had to pull me away.

- Take her away from here. Now!- Mitchel yelled to his best friend, and he did as he was told.

I don't remember much from that week. I was taking drugs again, but nobody knew. I lost my best friend. He died in my arms. I couldn't handle it without all of this shit. Not even did Mitchel notice. We found out that I was supposed to take care of Ellie if anything happens. So we did it. We were leaving Jay's house in LA, when Kras stopped me.

- Valerie, we found this is Jayson's room. It's to you.- He pulled out a letter and put it in my hand. It had my name on it. I forced a smile and blinked away the tears.- Take care of yourself, alright? I love you.- He hugged me and helped me and Mitchel get out stuff in Clinton's car.

***

It's been 2 weeks since we came back to Hawaii. I haven't been doing great, but i was going to therapy every monday and friday. Of course i could always text my therapist, which was really cool. Ellie didn't notice any changes. She was so little, and lost both of her parents. I couldn't get myself to open the letter. I honestly was terrified of it. I didn't know if it would be something bad, or something good. He died thinking i hated him. That's what made me lose my shit. I couldn't talk to him anymore, and every time i thought about his person, my eyes would start watering. Mitchel tried helping me as much as he could, but it was also hard for him.

- Have you eaten yet, my love?- He asked, kissing the top of my head. Of course i forgot to mention, we got together.

Finally.

- No, i'll eat later. Is Ellie sleeping?- I looked up at him and forced a smile.

- Yes, I just put her to sleep. That means we have some time off.- He chuckled and sat next to me, on the couch.

- Good. I'm exhausted.- I answered, and cuddled up to him.- Let's watch something.- I suggested, kissing him on the lips.

- Sure.- He turned on the TV, and as soon as the movie started, we heard the doorbell.

I ran to the door, because I didn't want Ellie to wake up. I opened the door and saw him.

***
NEXT CHAPTER LOL VOTE PLS