CHAPTER TWO

Seoul, South Korea.

"Han Jisung! Wake up, it's time for breakfast!" his mother shouted her lungs out first thing in the morning.

"I'm awake!" the boy shouted back as he finished up getting ready and hurried downstairs to the dining room. "Mom, I've been awake."

"You didn't oversleep?" his dad asked as he watched the morning news. "Were you up all night again?"

"I was just finishing up a song," Jisung said as he poured himself a glass of orange juice.

"You finished the other song you were working on already?" his dad asked.

"Yup! I'm already working on another."

"Haha, as expected from my son."

"That's right!"

Jisung's dad used to be a musician when he was young and later entered a company to get a more stable job to do research. But because of that job, his family all moved to Malaysia for several years until recently.

"I don't get you two. Always so obsessed with music," his mother commented as she served them breakfast. "Anyways, make sure you don't forget anything for school. It's your first day after all."

"Will you be alright son?" his dad asked. "I know you're probably nervous since you had to transfer in the middle of the school year."

"Don't worry about it dad, I'll be alright!"

That being said, Jisung was nervous and slightly excited at the same time. He had spent his childhood either schooling in Malaysia or home schooling due to his parent's work. This was his first time to officially go to school in Korea. Even wearing a school uniform was a completely new experience to him. However, despite his worries, he didn't want to make his parents more worried than him.

First day of class went by quickly though.

Jisung took all his courage to give the best introduction he could to the class. He made a few jokes here and there to shake off his nervousness but thanks to that, his classmates were all very welcoming.

Jisung's crazy antics made him the center of attention. He made friends quickly as he had hoped. But at the same time, always having to make sure his friends were well-entertained, he became very tired himself. On one hand, he was the joke of the class and on the other hand, he had to make sure his grades didn't disappoint his parents. He wasn't the perfect kid but he tried his best to do so.

"Hey, you're Felix, right?" Jisung approached one of their new classmates. "I'm Han Jisung!"

"Hi, I'm Felix," the boy said shyly.

"You're from Australia, right?"

"Mhmm."

"Wow, that's so cool. What's it like?"

Months after Jisung's transfer, another kid was transferred to their class and this time, a boy who was born in Australia, Lee Felix. But unlike Jisung's first day of school, Felix was much more nervous and shy. He didn't really approach many people and was hesitant about making friends. It could be because Felix's Korean wasn't so good still so he was embarrassed about speaking but somehow, Jisung felt like it was his responsibility to make sure Felix feels good about being in school. After all, Jisung was also a transfer student so he felt the need to do so.

"I bet you can make a lot of friends during the school festival next month," Jisung said one day.

"School festival?" Felix asked him.

"Yeah, I heard that in Korea, high school students have this thing every year where students get together by class or clubs to do really fun activities or even performances!" Jisung was getting excited just thinking about it. "I heard that our school is also going to have a competition this year and the winner will get a 3-day trip to Jeju!"