Bonus Story ① ~ Seungmin x Minho ~

A/N: 

2Min side-story. 

Lee Minho was fourteen when he entered the Hunters' Society. His family were all Hunters as well, each was a renowned Hunter, talented and respected by many. It was almost a given for Minho to become a Hunter as well. But unlike his parents who were loved by those around him, Minho was intimidating at first glance. He was strict on others as he was strict on himself. When he entered the HQ, there was a child just one year older than him who became the center of everyone's attention regardless of which sector they were in.

Bang Chan.

Chan had lost his parents to vicious monsters who invaded his home. While trying to protect their son and daughter, they were devoured by those creatures. Both children survived on their own for the longest time at an orphanage until the Director of the Hunters' Society, Park Jiyoung, brought them in. However, unlike Chan who was aiming to become a Hunter, his younger sister was sent off schooling like a normal person.

Despite his rough childhood, Chan was an optimistic child who had no prejudice, even when he was clearly being outcasted.

"It's him again," one of the younger Hunters whispered to his friends and glared at Chan as he entered the hallway.

"Did you hear? The Director plans on ranking him up. He's only fifteen!" Another one snarled as well.

"Clearly, it's favouritism."

So damn annoying, Minho caught wind of the noise around him. He walked past the group of jealous gossipers and glared down at them, making them flinch and walk away.

If you guys have so much to complain about, maybe be better as Hunters instead of standing around all day and yapping.

He glanced over at Chan, who was nonchalantly walking back to the North sector and greeting others happily.

What an idiot. That damn goofy smile, does he not know what people are saying behind his back? Minho didn't feel sorry for Chan at all but more so, he was just annoyed by his fellow Hunter just the same.

But as both were top junior Hunters, Minho was often placed in the same platoon as Chan. Chan would take a more offensive approach while Minho assisted from the shadows as a Strategist. In no time at all, they were recognized as a skillful pair of Hunters and Chan was very affectionate about his friendship with Minho.

"Ugh, hands off me," Minho shoved Chan's dive for a hug aside and flinched.

"Don't you miss me? I was away on a mission for so long!" Chan pouted.

"You were only gone for a week. Stop exaggerating," Minho sighed.

They've been friends for the past three years now and in no time at all, both of them became S Ranked Hunters despite their age.

Chan looked beaten up from his missions, bruises and cuts from top to bottom, yet he still had the same child-like smile on him. Chan was hardly the type to get angry and instead, Minho was the one who was being upset for him. However, Minho also knew that he would eventually run out of patience with Chan's personality which led them to small fights from time to time. Usually from Minho getting angry and Chan just giving Minho space to cool down.

But this time, Minho was really getting tired of Chan's personality of adopting random kids from nowhere and taking them back to HQ, just like the Director did for him.

Chan brought in a boy a few years younger than him, Hyunjin, who looked gloomy and distant. He had an empty stare when he first walked into the Hunters' Society and was hard to approach. He didn't talk for weeks, and only clung to Chan. It wasn't as if Minho despised the idea of taking in those who were lost, but more so that several times in the past, those who came in thanks to Chan would turn their backs on his friend and betray him.