CHAPTER THREE

"Hey! Kim Seungmin! You're Kim Seungmin, right?" Jisung pulls out a chair next to his classmate and sits down casually.

His classmate glanced up from his textbook at the noisy intruder and then looked down again at his textbook without a response.

"Look at you, studying even during lunch time," Jisung continued anyway and stared intensely at Seungmin. "So, what are you studying?"

"..."

"Hey, can you hear me? Earth to Kim Seungmin~"

The silence finally broke when Seungmin couldn't handle it any longer.

"What do you want?" he finally asked with a sigh.

"Hehe~" Jisung's smile was that of someone plotting something. "So, I heard that you know the Prince from Class 104. You know him, right? I heard that you guys are like childhood friends or something."

Seungmin sighed immediately, knowing exactly what was up. Especially since Jisung was renowned for being loud in the classroom.

"If it's about the beauty contest, give it up," he advised.

"Why?"

"If you think you're gonna win, you're years too early," Seungmin said.

"I don't plan on winning it, Felix is," Jisung said. "I'm just accompanying him.

Seungmin glanced over at Felix sitting on the other side of the room and thought quietly for a moment.

"Nope. Not even Felix," Seungmin said confidentially.

"How can you be so cold? Shouldn't you have more faith in your classmate? Wouldn't it be awesome if Felix won? Imagine him winning for the class and we celebrating with him. He'd feel so much more comfortable with us."

"You've never met Hyunjin before, have you?" Seungmin asked.

"Hyunjin? Oh, is that the name of the Prince?"

"You don't even know the name of your rival?" Seungmin sighed again.

"Does it matter?" Jisung shrugged.

"So, you don't know his name and you don't even know what he looks like. Seems like you're underestimating him."

"I'm not underestimating him. I'm just confident that our Felix will win!" Jisung boasted.

"Suit yourself," Seungmin gave up.

Jisung continued to pester Seungmin as if they have been friends forever. Seungmin thought it was funny though and he was very patient with Jisung's antics. He didn't tell Jisung to go away and rather, he just let Jisung do whatever he wanted such as sitting next to him for lunch time or lending his textbook away because Jisung was rather forgetful. All of these things, Seungmin decided to let it be.

Until one day, Jisung left something in the classroom after school and had to run back to get it.

When Jisung opened the door to the classroom, he saw Seungmin standing there skimming through his notebook.

"Wait! Don't look at it!" Jisung rushed into the classroom immediately and snatched the notebook right out of Seungmin's hands. "D-did you read it?"

"Yeah, a little. It's yours?"

Jisung nodded but his face turned bright red from embarrassment.

"You write lyrics?" Seungmin asked.

"D-don't tell anyone."