CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The first several days were puzzling.

Why was he avoiding me? Why is deliberately not looking at me? Why is he making up such obvious lies?

Then it became frustrating.

"Hyunjin!" He ran up to his friend. "Tell me what's going on! What happened to you? Don't you know that Seungmin and I are both worried about you? Aren't we friends?"

Eventually, he couldn't stop crying.

"I thought we connected... we understood each other. That I finally found someone who really understood me," his tears wouldn't stop falling as he hid inside his room crying alone.

Nights went on, and he came to realize one thing he didn't want to realize.

"Since when? When did I fall so deep?"

When did I fall in love with Hyunjin?

All these strange strings of emotions he kept going through, in a repetitive cycle, it wasn't just because he was persistent, it was because he felt his heart being rejected and shattered.

There were never any confessions, and even if there were to be one, it eventually became too late.

* * *

"They say when a genius falls in love is when the world goes into chaos," Seungmin suddenly said.

Causing Jisung to splurt out the tea he just drank all over himself.

Cough. Cough.

"W-where is that coming from?" Jisung quickly reached over for some tissues to wipe the mess.

"Just quoting something from a book I remember reading," Seungmin said nonchalantly as he stared at Jisung frantically cleaning up the table.

"I think if a genius does fall in love, it'd bring world peace," Changbin walks into the room and interrupts them.

The three of them were to share the room tonight while Minho and Hyunjin were in the room next door. It was the first time for Jisung not to be in the same room as Hyunjin.

"Trying to make a certain genius fall for you?" Changbin nudges Seungmin with a smirk.

Seungmin sighs, "Even if he does, he's never going to admit it."

Huh? Jisung's interest was piqued.

"Seungmin, you have someone you like?" Jisung asked curiously.

Seungmin looked at Jisung and decided not to answer.

"Hey!" Jisung was annoyed after being reeled into the conversation.

"Isn't it obvious? It's-" before Changbin could say anything, Seungmin grabbed a pillow and stuffed it in Changbin's face.

"Go to bed!" Seungmin rushed to the light switches before turning them off.

But it was clear to Jisung that Seungmin's ears were extremely red from Changbin's teasing.

"You know, you really need to tell him more boldly," Changbin continued even after entering his bed.

"He doesn't get it even if I spell it out for him," Seungmin said in a pouty voice.

"You're going to end up regretting it in the end as usual."

"I..."

Seungmin never finished what he was going to say and Changbin also left it at that for the night. But Jisung couldn't help wondering who they were talking about.