𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐝.

"mister matsuno, i've told you this for a hundredth time now- even if you have fifty percent on your other subjects, that thirty percent on your english class won't get you to the next grade."

you know those manga's where the main character is told that 'oh, you can't become a hero because you're so weak', and then a week later those who told the mc that they can't make it is proven wrong once the mc makes a grand comeback?

well, matsuno chifuyu would like to think that he's the main character of the story and after a week's long detention, he thought that he can ace a test that he had missed- boy was he proven wrong.

i mean, did he really expect that he can score a grade above ten when all he did that entire week was read shounen jumps and hung out with his friend baji keisuke?

he did... that's the most embarrassing part of it all.

"i don't understand... i have plenty of check marks on my test- i should at least have a score of eighty!"

"matsuno, did you really forget that we're in japan and that check means wrong?"

oh did he now? well no shit sherlock you didn't have to rub it all over his face that he failed a class. boy was he grateful that the teacher had a shred of decency left in his body to call for him and drop the 'fail' bomb inside of the teacher's lounge instead of the classroom where all his classmate's can see.

we can't have the infamous matsuno to be embarrassed now can we?

the man in front of him let out a sigh as he plopped on his little teacher's chair, hand holding onto the test paper in question while the teenager was simply standing there not knowing what to do.

"you just got out of another detention, you could've at least studied for the test or something."

"at this rate, we'll need to hold you back a year because of all the detentions and failed tests that's piling up in your student's folder."

chifuyu didn't really know what he had done to deserve this. okay, if you look past his weekly detentions along with baji and the failing test scores that he has gotten in multiple subjects- you can tell that he doesn't deserve on being held back a year.

the boy's not ready on what his mom has in store for him when he gets home.

blue eyes locked themselves on his teachers figure who went back on grading other students' works. he was kind of insulted that he didn't even bother on consoling him and telling him that everything will be alright even if he knows that it won't.

"i'll assign you to a make-up test next week. please find yourself a tutor or even get your parents to do it for you- just find a way on how to pass this subject or it'll mean being held back from your peers."

"so like, you're going to stay a year back if you fail this test?"

matsuno chifuyu is currently sitting on a bench located at the school's rooftop, savouring the delicious peyoung yakisoba that he and his friend decided to share all because baji didn't have enough money to afford one for himself.