𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧.

for the rest of the week leading up to the fated day- a battle between valhalla and the tokyo manji gang, matsuno chifuyu had grown restless.

of course, the blond himself knew that he had made a promise that even he doesn't know how it'll turn out in the end- not when the person that he's supposed to protect is now siding with the gang that he's supposed to fight against with.

it was foolish for him, of course. but what can he do when the happiness of the girl that he had fallen in love with lies in his own hands- to bring back her beloved cousin safe, that was the promise that he had made.

and he'll definitely see to it that he'll complete that promise, even if he has to drag baji keisuke back by the hair and literally shove him back into his apartment, he'll do that as well.

blue eyes stared at the blanket of grey that laid above him, contemplating how the weather matches with what today will bring him- possible pain and maybe anguish? who knows... he doesn't want to find out, honestly.

but what can he do except to enter the battlefield and find it out himself? for the sake of that damned smile of hers, he'll shed even blood to keep that look on her face.

"chifuyu... are you ready?" the male turned his attention to the side and saw none other than takemichi hanagaki standing there with a determined look painted on his face. oh, how he wishes he could do the same.

how badly he wanted to cross over the boundary between friends and enemies as he finds the strength in him to stop baji keisuke in whatever dumb shit he'll try and pull today- because even the heaven's above already has an idea on what he'll possibly do, and he doesn't like that one bit.

sucking in all possible emotions to remain as calm as possible, he gave the blond a grin and walked up to him, giving the male a pat on the shoulder as they began making their way towards the car site where the fight will be held in.

"ready as i'll ever be, partner."

is he seriously doing everything in him just for the girl that he loves?

if so, then i'd like to think that he's dumb- very dumb.

to sacrifice even yourself in something that is out of your control is like trying to ask fate if you can be a god for a day- it's impossible to do this without any blood being shed.

but when all is said and done, we're just reading mere words through a screen.

maybe fate really is just too cruel for these innocent teenagers who just wanted to feel love.

the battlefield is just like what he expected it to be- messy and just plain cruel.

even if matsuno chifuyu has been a delinquent throughout his years in middle school to now, he threw all of those away the moment that he stepped into this place of bruises and bloodied noses- because he was only here for one thing and one thing only.