𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬.

"look, it's a field of red..."

over the course of september, matsuno chifuyu and l/n y/n had grown closer to each other more than ever.

the blond would always pick her up from her and keisuke's shared apartment every saturday to go on walks around the place before he has to drop her off to go and attend his toman meetings. they'd always talk about nothing in particular, just enjoying each other's presence like they've known each other for years now.

of course, there'll always be baji keisuke who would try and third-wheel the two love-struck teenagers, and he'll always fail, sadly.

today was one of those days where the blond would take her out somewhere, and this time, it's the same flower field that he had taken her when the two of them made their small promise- that was surprisingly fulfilled.

however, instead of seeing those lavender and hydrangea's, the field was instead covered in higanbana's, also known as red spider lilies that are now in season.

of course, it was still a beautiful sight- however, instead of the usual cheery mood that the summer blossoms had brought, this field reeks of plain mystery.

blue eyes stared at her crouched down figure, a subconscious smile playing on his lips as the (h/c) haired girl kept twirling the red colored flower in between of her fingertips. even a sight as simple as this in the eyes of the public, looks like something out of a painting for him.

even with just her in nothing but a simple dress was enough for his heart to do summersaults in october.

she's flawless, she's magical- she's the girl whom he had fell for wholeheartedly and would do almost anything and everything that she wants if that means that she'll give him that sweet smile of hers that he loved oh-so much.

he'd risk it all at this point, honestly.

"they're so pretty... right, chifuyu?"

a chuckle left past his lips as he crouched down beside her, looking at the flower that was in between her fingers and turned his attention at her awestruck features that were still focused on the spider lilies.

"yeah... they are."

do you mean the flowers or her herself, mister matsuno?

i would rant and say that they should just get together for heaven's sake, but, taking things slow is good too, y'know?

they're giving themselves the time into really understanding what they feel before taking action- is this really love or just plain adoration and admiration?

remember, you can only call it love if you've already accepted the person as who they are. just because you feel things like your heart racing whenever you see them doesn't mean it's love, because you know little to nothing about that person.

calling it admiration, however, is... tame, i guess.

but, only time can tell what these two would end up in. all we can do is to sit back and just watch as they unravel their own feelings- and maybe possibly unravel the other's along the way.

for now, we can just call it a crush.

bright (e/c) eyes looked at him with a small smile on her face, plucking the flower from its roots as she moved closer to where he is.

chifuyu held his breath as she was now crouching right in front if him with eyes swirling in genuine happiness, tucking the red spider lily behind his ear, humming in content as she pulled away and admired how the bold colored flower complimented his hair.

so this is what it's like to break down someone's walls... it's beautiful.

"you have the most sweetest smile i have ever seen..." he murmured, not realizing that he had, in fact, said it out loud.