The Sun Can Seem Blindingly Bright in a World Full Of Dark Clouds

Utopia:
/yo͞oˈtōpēə/
noun;
A fantasized place where everything is perfect. Having dreams or expectations is one thing, but trying to come to terms with reality is another.

Three cups of coffee in with only two bites taken of your french toast, you glared seethingly in your tiger's direction, lost to the upbeat conversations and almost your mother's judgemental glances which had felt more exhausting than usual. Taehyung, oblivious to the murder signals you were sending his way, carried on ignoring you like he had done since waking and carelessly flipping you from the bunk via his blanket, abruptly waking you after only a couple hours rest. You watched as he helped himself to Jungkook's bacon with a chuff and determined that two could play the ghost game. If he wanted to be a child, then you could ignore his actions without batting an eyelash.

"Y/n? Are you listening?" Your mother hissed, drawing your attention away from Tae's twinkling eye.

Shaking your head, you went to take another sip of your coffee, only to realize the mug was empty.

Nadine sighed, rolling her perfectly lined eyes before standing from her chair without answering. "We better be off, then."

"They said they're going sledding." Jungkook's voice was almost a squeal, eyes lit up like the 4th of July. "Can we go? It sounds fun."

You were barely human and just wanted to sleep all day, but how could anyone say no to those soft browns pleading like that? So you grudgingly nodded, unable to stop your smile from forming as your boys grew giddy at the prospect, their energy somewhat infectious.

"Guys, please be careful!" You called out to the vanishing snowmobiles as the trailing snow tubes that glided and bounced over the white canvas followed several feet behind; completely at their mercy.

"For someone who hates the cold, Jin was awfully adamant about driving," Yoongi mused, a crunch of snow under his boots filling the atmosphere as he moved to stand by your side.

"He's petty," Joon sniffed, scratching his nose with a gloved thumb before casting you a side-long glance then tugging the strings to his hood, tightening it around his snapback.

"What was that?" You asked curiously, finally glancing away from their fading silhouettes once you could no longer see them; the snowmobile Hobi drove while pulling Jimin's snow tube completely vanished around the bend. Jin's group was long gone beforehand.

"Nothin'," the lion hummed, stuffing hands in the large pockets of his baggy overalls.

"So what do we do?" Yoongi yawned out, a cloud of white circling his handsome face as he cracked his neck before turning to you. Stumps suggesting ears twitched under his black beanie while snowflakes collected on the soft cotton material, that of Joon's hood was already dusted a coating of white as the wide bill of the snapback twitched slightly upon his forehead. No doubt your toboggan fared no different to the crystals' quick onslaught.

"We bond," you replied, stomach sinking considerably as you watched your cousins whip by too fast for your liking, making you panic for the safety of your hybrids' skyrocket, hoping they were keeping the speed reasonable. Especially Seokjin who pulled Jungkook and Taehyung, the added weight sure to make flipping their snow tube easier.

Two more families zoomed by at a more reasonable momentum, calming your nerves so you returned your attention back to your wolf and lion who were already several feet away, walking towards the direction of the lodge.

"H-Hey?! Where are you going?"

They stopped, faced each other, then turned to you with puzzled head tilts. Joon was the first that pointed towards the lodge with his thumb before he hesitantly lowered his hand. "Uh- inside?"