- Chapter 1 -

WARNING: BLOOD MAY AFFECT READERS

Stacy heard screaming downstairs. She quickly finished off the zombie's bandaging and grabbed her sword. "Everest! Basil! With me!" She called. Two of her wolves followed her downstairs. Stacy gasped as she stepped in a puddle of blood. She looked up and saw three new people and that-one-guy-with-scars-on-his-face-whose-name-Stacy-couldn't-remember. But he was floating. And possessed. And clearly holding a knife.

Seri and some other girl with a flower crown were laying on the ground, bleeding from deep cuts across their chests and arms.

"Seri!" Stacy gasped, running forwards. "Basil! Everest! Get them to the attic!" The two wolves hurried forwards and took the two unconscious girls up to the attic. Stacy pulled out her sword and looked up at the floating person. Scar, Stacy remembered. His back was turned to her, so he hadn't seen her yet. With impressive skills, Stacy sliced upwards with her sword, catching Scar in the arm. Stacy darted quickly to the shadows, hiding from view when Scar turned around.

Scar's face was grinning, but his eyes held sadness and guilt. "Come out, come out, wherever you are..." He said in a playful voice. Stacy nearly tripped and bumped into a table. A glass vase fell and crashed onto the floor. Scar's head turned in her direction. With a snap, red vines came out of the ground and threw Stacy into the light. 

Stacy jumped up and sliced her sword in Scar's direction. Scar barely dodged it and vanished into thin air. Stacy looked around, sword ready. She felt something push her and she fell onto the hard carpet below. She felt Scar's knee press into her back. She was pinned there. She looked up at Scar's blood-streaked face and saw the evil grin across it. Stacy's arm was at an awkward angle. She saw Scar lift up his second knee, and felt pain shoot up her arm as he pressed down on it. Stacy screamed as a sickening crack filled the air.

Scar laughed evilly, the other four in the corner were scared into shocked silence. "Your going to die here, alone, and no one will ever find your body once I'm done with you," He whispered.

With all her courage and strength, Stacy yelled: "EVEREST!"