- Chapter 10 -

⚠️ WARNING: LITTLE GROSS BITS (ex: sickness, nausea etc.)⚠️

"The Watchers!?" Gem echoed, as Pearl was explaining everything.

Pearl nodded. "The Watchers."

False sharpened her sword nearby. "Watchers are bad news," she said, overhearing. She polished her sword one last time and raised it to the air. 

A bolt of light crashed through the ceiling and connected with False's sword.

Pearl, Stress, Gem and Lizzie screamed. Etho and Bdubs glanced at each other and shrugged. Mumbo ran around in a circle shouting "WHAT IS HAPPENING" over and over.

The light faded, and a very shocked False stood with a glowing sword in her hands. After a moment, she cleared her throat and said, "So... My sword is magic."

Iskall trembled, looking down at the quartz floors. They had saved Grian. But they had taken his place instead. It all started when Iskall decided to follow Mumbo and Grian out of the attic. They had found a wardrobe and dressed up as Grian for fun, parrot wings and everything. There was a noise from the kitchen and Iskall had found Grian about to be taken by the Watchers. Iskall had grabbed Grian and shoved him in a cupboard, and then the Watchers had taken them by mistake. Thinking back to it made Iskall's heart hurt. Then again, so did not thinking about it. Gah. Life is hard.

Grian opened one eye and shut it immediately, regretting the decision. Everything swam and swirled and turned. He tried to stand upright but bumped his head on the wooden cupboard ceiling. Grian pushed open the doors to the cupboard and threw up all over the floor. His body lurched and everything faded again.

Today was just not his lucky day.

And, note to self: remember that parrots can't have chocolate before eating cookies.

Also, everyone's in danger now probably.