- Chapter 2 -

"EVEREST!"

The alpha wolf's ears straightened up. He beckoned to Addison, Wink, and Basil to follow. 

Pearl watched as the four wolves ran out of the room. Had they heard something? With a glance behind her, she sneaked out of the room and followed the wolves. She heard barking and screaming. Pearl darted down the stairs and gasped. Stacy was on the ground. A sword was stabbed through her torso. Scar, who was floating above her, turned to Pearl and grinned. 

The wolves had run forwards to help their injured friend, who was, Pearl noticed, moving the tiniest bit. So she was alive. Pearl let out a tiny sigh of relief. 

Scar's grin seemed to get wider. He pulled out a different sword. Stacy's sword, Pearl realized. 

"Are you going to kill me with Stacy's sword? That's kinda harsh, Scar, even for you." Okay. Distract him. That's the strategy. 

"Scar." Scar snarled. "Is not me. Fool."

"Then who are you?" Pearl questioned.

"You really don't remember me?"

That voice... It sounded familiar... but who-? "Y-you're-" Pearl stuttered, taking a step back.

"Who do you think I am?" Scar whispered menacingly. 

"I think," Stacy appeared behind his back with the sword in one hand. "You need to work on your aim." She sliced down on Scar's back and he fell onto the ground. Stacy gasped in pain and collapsed onto the ground after him.