- Chapter 18 - The Finale -

"GEM!" FWhip shrieked. Xornoth stabbed her. Xornoth killed her.

The demon smiled a wide, evil smile. "Who's next?" He asked, pulling the blade from Gem's torso. 

FWhip narrowed his eyes. He grabbed False's glowing sword and held it in front of him. Without warning, he charged at Xornoth and striked him in the chest. The demon shrieked and ten more Watchers appeared. Pearl and Iskall hid behind False. FWhip sliced the sword through the air, creating a blast that sent three of them down. Cleo wrangled one of them to the ground. Stacy and her wolves all attacked the other five, followed by Cub, Scar, and Etho. 

Everyone was bleeding. "We- we won..." Joel gasped. Lizzie hugged him.

A blast of red and purple shot from Xornoth's hand. It hit FWhip in the chest and he fell back, dead.

Pearl shrieked and crouched beside the two bodies, sobbing. 

The spirits made themselves visible. Gem and FWhip. They hugged, and Gem wiped Pearl's tears away. 

Another blast of magic came from Xornoth's half-dead demon hand. FWhip yelled out. Gem pushed Pearl backwards and the blast hit the twin spirits, shattering them into pieces. False yelled and stabbed Xornoth again and again. She only stopped when Stress put a hand on her shoulder. "It's over, love." Stress said, her expression pure shock.

There was a low rumbling, and the doors to the mansion sank down into the ground. Light and dust came through the open entrance. That wasn't all. 

"Hey, what happened here?" Ren asked as he stepped through the open doorway. "Oh my- Guys! It's the missing hermits!" He yelled happily.

Two Years Later...

Pearl sighed as she walked away from the flower stand, holding two bouquets. She made her way to the cemetery. Memories flooded her as she thought of the events two years ago. Stacy and Seri had left through a portal to their actual forest. The Empires folks had stayed for a while, but left through their own portal.

Pearl reached the spot where the two graves were. The words carved into the stones read:

FWhip and GeminiTay

Pearl set down the two bundles of flowers and sighed again. Tears filled her eyes. She looked up to the clouds and stood up. As she walked away, she could've sworn she'd seen the smiling faces of the two dead twins.

The End