Chapter 1: Love Blooms

The alarm clock went off until Kagome quickly slammed the snooze button. After that, she groaned tiredly as she yawned, ready to go to work. She had been asleep for eight hours when her alarm clock went off and ready to leave her apartment.

It has been three years since she returned to her time from the past. Of course, she did help her friends to defeat Naraku in the final battle and was finally able to make a wish for the Shikon Jewel to disappear forever. When her mission was completed, she went home to where she belonged and graduated from high school.

When she was done with high school, she went to college for an education. Afterward, she finally meets her friends from the past. Inuyasha is here. Sesshomaru is here. Koga and Ayame are here. And Shippo is here. They were all still alive, which made Kagome happy.

Lastly, she graduated from college and decided to work in Taisho Corporation for her new boss Sesshomaru, so she could keep them in touch. After that, unexpectedly happens when she started to date Hojo.

Yes, Hojo. You know what I'm mean. The guy who is so nice to Kagome and always worried about her well-being. Kagome and Hojo have been together for two years now, which annoyed Inuyasha and Sesshomaru doesn't improve their relationship.

Hojo also worked for the Taisho Corporation, and both he and Kagome are now working together. Unfortunately, he didn't notice that Sesshomaru and the others are demons because of their human disguise.

Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were very overprotective of Kagome, they also treated her like their little sister. Well, to tell you all the truth, Sesshomaru, Kagome, and Inuyasha we're like siblings to each other. The way they stuck up together, the way the boys were so close to Kagome was like a family, and the boys were always making sure Kagome doesn't have a bad influence on Hojo. Lastly, about Inuyasha, about why Kagome was no longer in Inuyasha's heart. Well, she loved him like a big brother, not an enthusiast.

Suddenly,  her phone rang she picked it up from her nightstand and answered, "Hello?"

"Kagome, good morning. Why don't you join me for breakfast? I have served you for breakfast." It was Sesshomaru who called her.

"Good morning to you too, big brother." Kagome greeted him with a smile, "And thank you."

"Of course, but I want you down here in twenty minutes. You will not keep this Sesshomaru waiting." Sesshomaru said.

Kagome sighed with a smile, "Alright, I'll be right down."

Then she dressed and made her way downstairs to the dining room and saw Sesshomaru in his human disguise with short black hair and brown eyes sitting by the window, drinking his coffee. She took a deep breath and walked towards the table.

"Good morning, Sesshomaru." Kagome greeted him as she sat on the chair beside the table where she was facing him. He didn't even look at her, he just nodded his head.

The waiter came over and handed Kagome a menu. She began to look it over, "Have you ordered yet? I'm starved."

"Yes, I would think so after your little fun last night with Hojo."

Kagome winced, clearing her throat, "Of course. Hojo and I went out for fun, planning something for Valentine's Day. I really need to give something to him."

"I see. Even if I hadn't the stench of Hojo is still all over you." Sesshomaru said, eyeing her, Kagome blushed and looked down.

"For God's sake, Sesshomaru. Hojo and I were never ha-"

"Make love? Good, because you are not ready for an experience, little sister. To tell you the truth, I know you were nervous about 'making love' with Hojo, but it was part of an experience by trying out something new about the relationship." Sesshomaru said.