Chapter 12: Hojo's Plan

When the morning comes, Kagome woke up to the smell of her mother's cooking a traditional Japanese breakfast as her mouth watered when she smelled her cooking. She yawned, sitting up until she found Hank laying next to her which shocked her, thinking it was her boyfriend Hojo. She sweatdropped in embarrassment, remembering how she let him sleep in her bedroom after staying outside in the cold weather. Lastly, she remembered being kept warm by Hank's strong arms. She wondered why he started to care or be nice to her.

She got off the bed and went to the bathroom she washed her hands and brushed her teeth, then left the bathroom. After that, she went to the kitchen where Aimi finished making breakfast for everyone. 

"Morning, Mom," Kagome greeted her, smiling.

Aimi smiled when she saw Kagome. "Good morning, Kagome, dear." She said, "I've made all of you some breakfast before going to work."

"Thanks, Mom," she replied, sitting on the chair and getting ready to eat breakfast, "Is everyone up yet?"

"Not yet."

"Should I wait for them until we eat breakfast?" Kagome asked her mother.

"If you want to, dear, but I don't want you to be starving," Aimi said, smiling at her.

Kagome nodded in response to her mother. A few minutes later, Souta was awake as he came downstairs, "Is breakfast ready?"

"Yes, we're only waiting for Doc and the others before leaving home," Kagome told him.

Then Miranda and Doc popped out of nowhere, "We're here."

"Good morning, everyone." Doc greeted them as he and Miranda came into the kitchen.

"Good morning," Aimi and Souta said at the same time.

They sat down at the kitchen table and had their breakfast as Aimi poured them a cup of milk and refilled Kagome's, but for Doc, she poured him some coffee.

"Thank you, Aimi," Doc said, smiling at her.

"You're welcome, Tobias," Aimi replied. When Hank and the boys finally woke up as they came into the kitchen and apologize for being late.

"It's okay, Deimos. You boys have time while waiting for you," Aimi said.

Then they began eating except for Hank who doesn't. However, he still has a metal jaw and always has struggle to eat.

Deimos hummed, "Oh my God, this breakfast is so good, Aimi."

"Thank you, Deimos." Aimi smiled at him.

He nodded, "You're welcome."

They then ate their breakfast and talked about the party and Nevada Corporation. Suddenly, they heard a knock on the door. Kagome went to answer it and find her boyfriend Hojo standing there with a dozen red roses. She invited him in and closed the door before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hojo, you really don't have to give me roses. You always give them to me!" Kagome scolded him.

Hojo smiled at him. "But you deserve flowers, Kagome."

She groaned, rolling her eyes. "You always said that, Hojo."

"So when the party starts after the meeting with Nevada is over?" Hojo asked her.

She hummed, "I don't know. They are supposed to be here at ten in the morning. We'll have to find out."

Hojo nodded. "Okay."

Just then she and Hojo were talking about their plans for Valentine's Day. While they were talking to each other, something else they couldn't identify Hank burned with jealousy while watching them kiss and talk.

***

After that, Hojo went out to town as he had decided to propose at the party when Valentine's Day has come. His perfect plan is to marry the girl of his dream and have her virginity taken. However, he knew his chance is to claim her as his. When he entered the jewelry store, he went looking for an engagement ring until he met the jeweler.

"How can I help you today, sir?" The Jeweler asked him.

"Why, yes, I'd like to see your collection of engagement rings," Hojo responded.

"Of course, sir, and congratulations," the jeweler said, so he led him towards the engagement rings and began showing him the rings, but none of them were good enough for his Kagome.

"Don't you have something a little more unique?" Hojo asked him.

The jeweler thought for a moment as he went to the back room and brought out a ring he thought he would like. He showed him a most expensive golden engagement ring.

"I'll take it," Hojo said happily. Then he watched the jeweler take the ring and put it in a box for him.

***

When Hojo went back to the Higurashi House, he took the opportunity to talk to Aimi. He told her how much he loved Kagome and she was everything he never knew he wanted in a partner. Not only if they didn't know he was a liar who had cheated on Kagome with Sawa who is already pregnant with his child. However, he wanted to marry Kagome, so he won't have a problem with being with Sawa and the baby.

"I'd like to ask your permission to marry your daughter," Hojo said with a pleading look.

"Of course, Hojo," Aimi said, smiling at him, "You have my permission and blessing. I know you and Kagome will be together forever."

"Thank you, Aimi," Hojo said with a relieved smile.

"You are very welcome, Hojo," Aimi smiled at him.

When anything according to his plan worked, he didn't notice he was being watched by Hank who was suspicious of Hojo's behavior. However, Hank didn't like him and he wasn't willing to trust him. He has no merciful towards the man who wanted to marry Kagome.