Chapter 16: Make Things Right

Kagome was in the restroom, crying. She never believed Hojo had been cheating on her with Sawa this whole time. She never wanted to believe this is happening to her. She continued crying as she buried her face into her knees while her hands are holding onto her legs. She felt broken. She wished she would never have gone on a date with Hojo. She had known him since high school, way back when they were teenagers.

When she stayed in the restroom like this, didn't care it was in the middle of the night, she wished someone would come to comfort her. But she wanted to be alone. Suddenly, she heard a door knock and she stopped crying. Lastly, she heard the door creaking a bit.

"Kagome, are you in there?" A familiar male voice asked.

Kagome didn't respond.

"Do you need someone to talk to?"

She sighed, "I don't care."

Then she heard him coming into the women's bathroom slowly as she looked over and saw it was Hank. Tears streamed down her face as she kept facing him.

"Hank..."

"I hate to bother you, but I can't help but feel like you need someone to talk to," Hank said quietly as he slowly sat next to her.

Kagome looked at the ground in a state of depression. "How could he...?" She asked herself, "How could he do this to me? Cheating on me with another woman? I thought he was the one..."

Hank softened his eyes. "I can't answer that, but Hojo deserved getting his ass kicked."

"Thank you for that, Hank. I wish I shouldn't go out with Hojo. I don't know what to do anymore..." Kagome said quietly, sniffing. She wiped the tears from her eyes.

Hank scooted closer to her, "I wish I knew why he was such an asshole, but I just want to let you know that I will be here for you and I promise you I will be there for you."

She smiled softly at him. "Thank you, Hank, but you don't have to do that for me. I've known you for two weeks." Just then she started to cry, hoping Hank didn't make it. Unexpectedly, Hank slowly wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, hugging her softly.

Hank rubbed her back in comfort while rocking her gently. "Hey, hey, hey. Shh, it's alright. I'm here. I'm right here for you. Everything is going to be okay."

Kagome continued crying. Just then he pressed his mask against her head, seems like he was giving her a sweet kiss. After that, he gives her a rub on her forehead in comfort.

When she stopped crying, Kagome looked up at Hank after a few minutes of letting out her emotions.

She breathed out, calming down. "Thank you for being here for me."

"You're welcome." Hank said quietly, "Do you want to go home? Your family is worried about you."

She nodded, "Yes, please..."

Then he helped her stand up and get her out of the bathroom before going home. Before they do, Hank took his black coat off and lets her wear his as he kept holding her close. Just then he saw Sesshomaru was checking up on them after what happened.

"How are you feeling, Kagome?" Sesshomaru asked her in a kind tone.

She smiled at him. "I'm okay now, Sesshomaru. Hank was there for me, so I want to thank him for comforting me."

"I'm glad," Sesshomaru replied.

"Where are the others?" Kagome asked.

"They went home. I told them that I'm taking you home," Hank said.

Sesshomaru nodded. "Hn."

After that, Hank took Kagome outside and headed back to the Higurashi. When they arrived home, everyone was asking her if she is okay, so she told them she is fine because Hank was here for her after Hojo had betrayed her. As for Aimi, she was mad at Hojo for the mess he made and she knew she shouldn't permit him to marry her.

Lastly, Kagome went to her room and get herself a rest, she couldn't sleep at all. Because of the memory of Hojo who had humiliated and cheated on her. While struggling to sleep in, she heard a door creaking without knocking it. She blinked, knowing it was Hank.

"Hey... I didn't mean to scare you like that, but I just wanted to check on you," Hank said quietly.

"It's okay... I never thought you would check on me," Kagome said in a raspy voice.

He blushed softly as he faced her, "Do you mind if I tag along?"

"You mean sleeping here with me?" Kagome asked, blushing softly.

"Ye-Yeah... Look, not only because I wanted to sleep with you for sex. I only wanted to stay with you one last before heading back to Nevada." Hank said.

She smiled. "I understand. You can lay beside me."

Then Hank lay on the bed beside her as Kagome tucked in with a warm blanket around them and cuddled each other up. Hank wrapped his arms around her, keeping her close to his chest. They wouldn't last long forever.