Chapter 17: Leaving

When morning comes, Kagome felt warmth wrapped around her as the sun began to rise in the sky and peaked through the window that she and Hanl shared. She slowly opened her eyes and held her breath when she saw Hank's sleep form, especially his metal jaw. Her face blushed as she noticed that he was holding her close to his strong chest. He was sleeping peacefully as she continued to stare at him. She had to admit that he looked quite handsome when he was sleeping. Soon enough he opened his eyes and his crimson irises were gazing at her.

"Good morning." Hank greeted with a smile.

"Good morning." Kagome greeted back with the same motion. It was then she remembered how Hojo cheated on her with Sawa who is pregnant with their baby. Unfortunately, it seems like yesterday, but she felt like forgetting about yesterday was terrible. She knew Hank was the one who can heal her.

"How are you feeling?" Hank asked her.

She smiled at him. "I'm okay. And I want to thank you for everything."

Hank smiled back. "I'm glad."

She got off the bed and said, "Let's get some breakfast."

When they were coming downstairs, Doc was making french toast, with bacon, eggs, and fresh fruit. Aimi was already sitting at the kitchen table with Souta at her side.

"Good morning, everyone." Kagome greeted him.

"Morning, Kagome, how are you feeling, dear?" Aimi asked, hoping she was okay.

"I feel wonderful, after sleeping all day yesterday, I want to thank Hank for staying with me," Kagome said.

"You mean you guys were--!?" Deimos asked in shock, thinking what it was.

"Dei!" Sanford hissed, hitting him in the back of his head.

"Ow!" Deimos wailed, rubbing his head. "What!? All I'm trying to say is if Kagome and Hank slept together."

"Deimos!" Hank growled at him.

Aimi smiled at her. "That's great, honey. I'm sure Hank will always help you with that."

"Unfortunately, we have to go home," Miranda said as Jebus nodded.

"Well, let's just have breakfast one last time then we'll go home," Doc said, "It's not like we're going to say goodnight to them. We can still come to visit them if we want to."

Miranda sighed, "Yeah... that."

The rest of their time in Japan went by quickly and it was soon time for them to head back home. With a tearful goodbye, the Higurashi family stood at the airport saying their final goodbyes to Doc, Miranda, Jebus, Hank, Deimos, and Sanford.

"We'll see you around, you guys. And Kagome, take care," Doc said.

"Alright, Doc, we look forward to it. Take care."

Aimi hugged Doc the same way Miranda and Doc does the hug before letting them head back. Hank faced Kagome one last time when he came up to her and hugged them.

"Take care," Hank said, padding her back.

"You, too," Kagome replied. Just then she blinked in shock when she saw him leaning into her cheek and kissing it. After that, Hank and the others headed to the plane and they left Japan behind.