Chapter 5: Getting Along

Three days had now passed since Kagome stayed at her uncle's house. She knew it was time for the holiday shopping for the Taisho Corporation before it was time for her to return to Japan. However, she grabbed her purse and was ready to go, but when she was about to leave, Miranda suggested that she can come with her and help her carry her things from the store. So the two girls went off shopping, collecting all the decorations for the party.

Almost two hours passed, and they decided to go to the restaurant and get something to eat. Kagome was scanning the menu to see what she wanted to order when she glanced up and saw Hank sitting in the booth in front of her with two of his friends, Deimos and Sanford.

She sweatdropped at this, murmuring, "Oh, great

She sweatdropped at this, murmuring, "Oh, great..."

Then Miranda noticed her expression, "What's wrong?"

"It's... Hank..." Kagome put her head down and pointed at Hank where he was sitting at.

Miranda looked over and saw him talking with Deimos and Sanford. She turned back and faced her cousin. "So? He was just hanging out with Sanford and Deimos."

"Yeah, but what if he sees me?" Kagome asked her.

She giggled, "Hey, if he doesn't see you, then he doesn't come here to bother." Miranda said, "Look, Kags, I know you still don't like him or hate being bothered by him, but I thought it would be best for you to give him a chance, so you guys would be good friends with each other."

"How am I supposed to give him a chance when he is still an asshole to me? Especially since he comes here to fight me like he hates my guts." Kagome said with a serious look.

She smiled at her, "I'm sure he'll be nice to you the same way he does to his buddies. If you want to talk to him, then go ahead."

"Hell, no!" Kagome nearly shouted at her, which almost gave Hank her attention, and got really nervous about being caught. She still didn't want to face or talk to him.

Unfortunately, Hank just heard it and saw Kagome, he lightly smiled at the girl, and Kagome paled out, knowing it was too late for that, so she looked away and ignored. His smile faded away. Then Deimos gave him an odd look then turned around. His eyes widened at the sight of the Japanese girl and then looked back.

"Man, that is the prettiest girl I have seen in a long time," Deimos said, grinning.

"She's the prettiest girl I have ever seen," Sanford said as he saw her with Miranda.

"Yo, Hank, you think you could talk with this pretty lady?" Deimos asked, pointing at her.

He gave him a look, "That's Miranda's cousin and she already had a boyfriend."

"Oh, really? Well then, why don't you invite her over, so you could like get along with each other?" Deimos suggested him.

"Not only because of the one-night stand, Hank. Just a hangout." Sanford added.

"You think I should?" Hank asked.

"Why not?" Sanford said.

"Just go talk to her!" Deimos said in excitement.

"Fine..." He shrugged and got up from his booth. He walked over to their booth and smiled at her.

Kagome went pale, seeing Hank again. "What the hell!?"

Miranda giggled. "Now it's your turn," she exclaimed.

"Shut up!" Kagome shouted at her in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, but did just you follow me?" Hank asked, sounding so nice to her.

"Um, no! I did not!" Kagome protested.

"Then why are you here?" Hank asked her with a slight smirk on his face.

She looked away with an annoyed look. "For lunch."

"I see," Hank replied.

"And why are you here?" She asked him, now facing him.

"Hanging out with my friends," Hank told her.

"You didn't follow me, right?" She questioned him with a suspicious look.

He shook his head. "Hell, no. I didn't see you there. I was still hanging out with Deimos and Sanford over there."

Kagome nodded in response.

Suddenly, Hank gave her a pitiful look. "Are you still mad at me for what I did?"

She sighed, now feeling bad about how dismal Hank was. "No... No, I'm not. If this is the reason why you're here for an apology, then I forgive you. I'm tougher than you think. If I can give you a chance by being so kind to me, then I will make it up to you, especially by letting me show you a good time."

Hank softened his eyes, smiling a bit. No longer feeling guilty for being a total jerk to Kagome. "Do you want anything before our food arrives?"

Kagome smiled at him. "Just like talking to you, that's all."

A little while later, the two boys got up and joined Hank, Kagome, and Miranda as Deimos made Hank sit next to her and they have lunch together. They spent the evening talking, asking Kagome questions about Japan and her asking questions about Nevada in return. After dinner, Miranda suggested they see a movie together, only to bail at the last minute, leaving Hank and Kagome by themselves.