Chapter 20: Goodbye

When the morning comes, Kagome woke up to the feeling of a hand gliding up and down her spine, her eyes flutter open and she stares into the eyes of Hank J Wimbleton. He smiled down at her and kissed the top of her head.

"Good morning." Hank greeted her.

"Good morning." Kagome greeted him back.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Amazing, but I feel a little sore. But I'm much happier about what we did last." Kagome said.

"I'm glad," Hank said.

"Say, how long have you been awake?" Kagome asked him with a curious look.

"A while," Hank said as he kissed the side of her neck.

She sighed, "I wish we didn't have to get out of bed. This place is nice."

"Well, we can't stay here forever. We might as well return home. Or probably your friends went looking for you." Hank said.

She nodded, "I suppose you were right."

***

After that, they got out of the hotel and ready to go to the airport. Before they could, one of Kagome's friends arrived in no time after searching for her.

"There you are, Kags. We've been looking all over for you," Ayame said, worried.

"And why is Hank here?" Inuyasha asked, pointing at him.

"Oh, um... He just let me stay over the night, so he'll take me to the airport." Kagome told them as she blushed heavily.

"Oh, really?" Inuyasha said, giving her a look.

"You guys didn't do it, right?" Ayame asked.

"Ayame!" Kagome shouted as Hank blushed heavily and looked away.

"Surely you guys did. I can smell you both." Inuyasha said, smirking.

"Inuyasha, sit!" Kagome shouted as her face went red. Then Inuyasha went face-first into the ground. He groaned at the pain of hitting the ground.

"What was that?" Hank asked with a shocked look on his face.

"The word of subjugation." Kagome told him, "The beads that Inuyasha wears around his neck are the beads of subjugation. Whenever I say that word, Inuyasha always goes head first into the ground. He has to obey it no matter what."

"I see," Hank said.

"Shall we head home?" Ayame asked.

She sighed sadly. "I suppose you were right."

Before they were ready, Inuyashs got up and shook his head. Kagome came up to Hank and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thanks for everything, Hank," Kagome said with a kind smile.

He smiled back. "You, too."

Just then Hank watched them leave as he knew he has to return to Nevada alongside his friends.