Chapter 15: Secret Revealed And Heartbreaking Betrayal

As everyone prepared for the Valentine's Day presents, they were all in the living room sitting down and offering them presents. Just as they opened up their presents, everyone ended up hugging and kissing as they thanked them for the present. Lastly, Sawa sighed as she sat beside Miranda and Jebus, folding up her hands and looking at the floor.

Kagome came up to Sawa and offered her a gift, "Here is a gift for you, Sawa." She said, "I caught a glimpse of you who didn't have a gift yet."

Sawa smiled at her. "Thank you, Kagome."

"You're welcome, even if you're my boyfriend's friend, I can offer you a present," Kagome replied with kindness.

"That's nice of you," Sawa said. She looked over and saw Hojo watching them, so she ignored him.

After everyone offered presents to everyone, Hojo took Kagome by the hand and tapped the glass of his wine, getting everyone's attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to announce that Kagome and I have been together for two years and there is something I want to ask her," Hojo said as he kneel towards Kagome before pulling out a small box. "Kagome Higurashi, when I met you, I loved you with all my strength. You were different and special from anyone else I had ever met and I would go as far as to die to save you." -He then opened up the box and revealed a golden engagement ring, which Kagome gasped, covering her mouth- "Kagome, will you marry me?"

Kagome started to cry, "Yes, Hojo! Yes, I will marry you!"

Hojo grinned as he quickly slipped the ring on her finger, standing up and kissing his fiancee as he hugged her tightly. Everyone clapped and congratulated the newly engaged couple. It was the happiest day of Kagome's life.

"Congratulations, Kagome!" Miranda exclaimed happily, clapping her hands.

"I can't believe this! First Inuyasha and Usagi are getting married, and now you guys!" Deimos said happily, smoking a cigarette.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" Everyone was shocked as they became confused to sound like someone was screaming. They turned around and saw it was Sawa.

Kagome gave her a confused look. "No? What do you mean no?"

"Kagome, you cannot marry him!" Sawa pleaded with her.

"Why not? He's the one who asked me to marry him," Kagome declared as Hojo looked nervous.

"I have to say something and I feel guilty about this, but there is something I want to tell to you," Sawa said now with a guilty look.

Kagome arched her brows, "What is it?"

Sawa looked over and Hojo shook his head and his hands with no. She glared and took a breath, ready to confess.

"Kagome... I am pregnant with Hojo's child," Sawa confessed.

Everyone gasped.

"Wh-What?" Kagome stuttered in shock.

"Hojo is a liar and a cheater. Hojo and I had an affair for a year behind your back. He was leaving me pregnant, so he can marry you off." Sawa told her the truth.

Everyone gasped again.

Kagome froze at hearing this. Within a few seconds, she turned around and faced Hojo with a shocked look.