Possible Cure

Chapter 15

Harlan sat shaky while Suzy climbed a pole to the mezzanine. Suzy sat looking down happy she could stay while if Harlan had vital organ function she was sure she would have to take a shit.

Mmm Declan handed her a whiskey glass. You know I don't drink baby. Harlan it is a half shot cut with water and ice i promise it won't rot ya inside faster. She swallowed back the much needed mug of instant smile.

Better? Yeah Deck. He passed the glass to Heidi who whizzed away fast before she was stuck with her for the night filling requests when she was technically off. It's over Harlan but I need to talk to him the next time bae invite him inside. Hell no Deck! Yes he is a wealth of information he hates scientists but he is still alive.

There is way more to him that meets the eye speaking of what color were his eyes? One Zombie one Ape Deck. Teeth bae? Human up top ape on the bottom. Rotten? No white as the snow falling.

Hands? Left human with ape strength the arm was ape the right zombie with ape features.
Feet? He had on Eskimo boots almost like he made them himself the soles were made of tires.

That means his feet are sensitive to the cold a human issue. Can we go to bed now Deck? Yes baby come he saw Ruth in the shadows he mouthed with no sound love you. She shook her head yes. He ushered a tipsy Harlan to bed Suzy followed them.

Declan? Yeah baby? He said Suzy was his daughter and he asked how did I get her to learn sign language so fast? That she refused to use it with him. Okay? Then I said sesame street and began explaining what it was you know like how we do the kids born after mans fall? Yes baby go on.

One he described sesame street how it was when it first aired he knew it was designed foe inner city kids. He said it like he was a kid when it was released. So you think he was born in the sixties?

Has to be Declan and he is either a teacher or---

A scientist Harlan damn baby you smart. When you went to that lab where you found Suzy was OT vandalized or clean? Clean where Suzy was. You are lucky to be alive he was watching you. You walked into a silverbacks lair and you walked out alive he knew you had Suzy and he tracked you back here with her.

Then he waited Deck. For what bae? A few days to pass and if you harmed Suzy he would have an excuse to destroy us but when he saw she was being treated like a human child and not an animal he was okay with leaving her here. That's the key Declan she yawned words.

What is baby Im lost. Raise Suzy like a human child expose her to positive social interactions Monday she starts Kindergarten I will stay with her since its only 7am to 830. Hahah you get up at 6 to be at class by seven? Okay.

I am a mother now baby I have no choice. Declan grinned at the mother in her surfacing. Harlan and dozed off and Suzy was in the front room where the ice boxes were off since she was warm blooded. She was in a crib under a blanket fast asleep. Declan locked thier compartment door and headed to his lab.

Regent he looked up half sleep put cameras in the halls by my compartment make them invisible tell no one.  Yes Declan he fell back asleep with a small window open above him in Declan's office.

Declan set up a charging station he was happy they kept 10 boxes of wires in the basement they never understood why he kept wires until he stripped them using the copper to repair old electrical lines and outlets. He was lucky all the charger's worked. All 10 laptops and six tablets were charging now all he had to do was wait.

Wait for? He hoped a connection of sorts something to fix this Zombie shit so they could stop dying. Declan pondered Sheriff said something when be indicated Scott was bitten he said what was it?   Suzy as you call her will never ever need a vet who will need a doctor is the ones she bites!

Never need a vet he wrote with a large question mark. Who will is who she bites....Scott was bitten by the mother not Suzy.  Why would the person NEED a doctor? The thought.

Declan dropped the pencil went back to join Harlan and Suzy who were both fast asleep. Declan climbed in bed with Harlan who snuggled him close he left the door cracked so he could hear Suzy in the night.

The wheels of his mind turning unable to allow him rest. He smiled the sign of a good scientist is when the problem will not allow you to sleep. Declan grinned recalling bis fathers words running possible scenarios for a cure in his mind.