Chapter five

I gasp, feeling tears prick my eyes. 

"Eunji?" I laugh and cover my mouth, she lunges forward and wraps her arms around my neck, squeezing and not letting go, "It's been far too long!" 

Back when I was little, Eunji lived in my neighborhood, but soon left because of a divorce her parents were having. She  left and we've had little to no contact ever since.

"Too long! Also, we live in the same complex!" She grabs my hands and starts leaping around the room. "I saw you unloading from the elevator and struggling with your bags. Thought, just to be sure, I'd see if it was you. And Lo and behold, it was!" 

"I'm glad that you did, or else I wouldn't have known that you even lived here!" 

She gasps, "Oh my god, does this mean that you're coming to my school?" she leans over and opens her eyes, wide, like a sugar glider.

"Yeah! I start next week, or something like that." she squeals and jumps on me, giving me a bear hug. She walks in and closes the door, pushing me to the balcony. I unlatch the door and we step outside. 

"We should go shopping today, for you, I mean. Your house needs groceries and you have to have  some decorations. I won't let you live like this until your duvet gets here!" 

She opens the window on the balcony overhang and takes a deep breath. 

"I missed having you around all the time" she sighs and smiles. 

"Me too, I missed you a lot." My eyes go wide, "Speaking of missing someone, It's been almost four hours since I have landed and I still haven't called mom, you mind?" 

"Not at all," she holds her hand up and shakes it with her head, "Tell your mom I said hi, yeah?" 

"Of course."

I close the balcony door behind me and slide down a wall. Right as I'm about to ring my mothers number, my phone rings. I pick up, and laugh a little.

"Hello?"

"OH! honey! you had me and your father worried sick!"

"I'm sorry, I got distracted."

"By what?"

"First, off," I sigh and look around "My apartment is huge, for one person too."

"Then?"

"So I labeled all the doors with what I was going to use the room for."

"Okay, so what's the big hold up?" She laughs and I hear dad say something and her shush his childish foolery.

"You remember Eunji?"

I hear her and dad both take deep breaths and then mom yells

"Oh! Delightful, she called?"

"No."

"Oh, I'm sorry?"

"She rang my doorbell. We are about to go shopping for my apartment."

"Well, I won't keep you any longer than needed, I love you, tell her I said Hi."

"Love you too, I will." 

She ends the call and I stroll over to Eunji. 

"Should we leave? Oh, mom said hi, by the way."

She claps her hands together and closes the balcony window.

"Let's go!" She yells, pumping one fist into the air. I push her a little and she stumbles, giving me the finger after she gains her balance back.

I stick my tongue out at her and she leaps, tackling me onto the ground, and starts tickling me.

"Eunji.....Stop.....Please!! ......EUNJI!!" I manage between giggles and heavy breaths.

"Fine. Let's go! you're lucky that we have shit to do." She sticks her tongue out at me and I laugh.

She offers out an arm, and I take it, bowing my head.

She curtsies and we leave.