Chapter seven

I spread out on my air mattress and sigh, happy to have something in my house, I slide off the side of the bed and waltz to the guest bedroom. I remember what my mother does whenever she wants to wake me up, and I open the door. Eunji is spread out over the side of the bed. I start slamming the door open and shut.

She groans and lets out a string of curse words. But when she doesn't get up I start turning the lights on and off. She yells and sits up straight.

"Fuck you Y/N!" She stands up and flips me off. I laugh loudly and she grins.

"Time for breakfast, princess." I press her nose in with my left forefinger. 

She presses past me and walks to the kitchen taking out a coffee, she hands me a pouch, to which I put back and take a different one. She takes two cups out of a cabinet and cuts a corner off of the pouch. I do the same and pour it into a cup.

We sat there for a second. Just drinking coffee and staring each other down. 

"What are we doing today?" I ask, then take the last sip out of my cup, and place it into my sink. Eunji starts washing the dishes, and she shrugs her shoulders.

"What do you want to do?" 

"Maybe, we could walk around, see what we find. I need clothes." I lean on the counter. 

"That's a good idea, it's Friday, yeah?" I nod and lean off of the counter to go and clean up my appearance.

I hear the door open, and then close, I walk out to see a note on the counter, reading 'I went to change, come to floor 3, room 302 and you can borrow some clothes.'

I smile and finish brushing my hair. 

When I open her door she is standing there, wearing a white tennis skirt and fluffy white button-up cardigan, and a cute beige beret.

She smiles and leads me to her closet. Her room is decorated, very simply, white bed spread, plants, books, and a simple wooden desk. 

she opens her closet and starts handing me things.

A brown skirt, and a really chunky woolen-knit sweater.

she puts my hair into a ponytail and tells me to put the outfit on. When I put it on, she handed me a pair of brown boots, and a black hair clip. We leave her house and start walking down the same sidewalk as yesterday. She pulls me inside of several stores, and we end up with several bags. 

When we turn a certain corner, walking to a cafe, that according to Eunji is absolutely DIVINE, we see a large crowd, a camera crew, and a small group of eight men. 

I lead Eunji away from them and look over my shoulder. I make eye contact with someone and look away. I roll my eyes and we go inside. 

Eunji orders for us and I sit in a little booth that has two seats. Eventually, Eunji comes back with a black coffee, a latte, and two chocolate croissants. She sits down, and gives me one of the plates with a croissant, and then the black iced coffee. 

"I saw you drinking a black coffee this morning, so I just kind of guessed that was what you liked." She picks up her beautifully designed latte, and takes a long draw. She sighs and looks out of the window. 

"We should go to a cat cafe next week one day after school!" she slams her hands on the table and smiles crazily. I nod, and she pumps a fist in the air. 

"Speaking of, I need to find a cat." I take a small sip of my coffee, Eunji cocks her head at me and I giggle.

"Why?" she questions loudly. I shake my head and lean on my fist. 

"My doctor says it's good for me to have an animal, because of my serotonin and dopamine levels. They help me be happy, basically."

She nods, "Then why don't we do that?" 

I smile, "Where is a good place for that?" 

"I know one."

We have a simple conversation, eating our food and finishing our coffee in peace. That is until some people walk in. The same eight from before, and the cameras, and the crowd. I take that as our cue to leave. 

I grab Eunji's wrist and stand her up. She grabs her bags, then her croissant. We leave and she drags us to a little pet store only a few minutes walk from the hubbub of the little cafe on the corner.