Chapter eight

We walk in and the immediate smell of animals hits my nose. I scrunch my nose and Eunji gags. She drags me to the front desk and a small woman greets us. 

"Hello! Welcome! I'm so glad you're shopping with us today, what can I interest you ladies in?" She gives us a bright smile and claps her hands together.

"Well, my friend here is looking for a cat, or kitten if possible." Eunji explains slowly. The lady slips from behind the counter and starts, basically running, to a little section in the back of the store with a bunch of clear pods, that hold cats, and kittens. 

"Take your pick, call me over when a decision is made."

I nod and start looking over at the cats. I noticed one little pod that holds two kittens, huddled and pressed against the back of the pod. 

Eunji lets out a sound and looks at me. I nod and she sprints to the front of the store. I look back over to the kittens. One of the two has a pure fluffy white coat and two different eyes, one a chocolate brown and the other a crystal clear blue. The second has a white coat, speckled with brown spots, the nose is brown, like it was dipped in a melted milk chocolate. both eyes are a very clear blue. They slowly unravel from each other and inch toward the front of the pod. The pure white one presses its nose against the glass, and the other pokes with its paws. 

Soon enough, Eunji and the front desk lady show up, the kittens quickly back up to the far corner of the glass again. I sigh and turn toward the two of them. Eunji smiles widely. The lady hands me papers and I fill them out as quickly as possible. She hands me two boxes, and then says she will have some things delivered to the address written on the paper.  

We walked out of the store, four bags in one hand, one kitten on the other arm. Meanwhile, Eunji is struggling, with her many, many bags and trying to balance the other kitten. 

"Eunji, Why don't you take the cats, I'll take the bags." She looks at me and we slowly veer against a building to rearrange. In the end, she has the two boxes, and I have the bags, evenly on both arms. No hassle.

It seems like forever until we shuffle inside of my house, I quickly sit the bags down and massage my arms. Eunji sits the boxes down and lets the kittens out on the floor. I rush over, and pick one up. The kitten looks at me and blinks before mewing loudly. 

Eunji picks up the other one, and looks at the stomach, before screeching.

"What?" I ask, sitting the cat on my lap. She looks at me, horrified. 

"It has a dick!" She yells before slowly shuffling from the little creature again. The cat follows her and starts rubbing on her leg. I laugh when she picks him up and slowly sits him on the floor next to me.

"That cashier at the convenience store has a dick and you didn't act this way." She flips me off and I cackle. 

The male kitten lays on his back and rolls back onto his feet.

"Eunji, look at his belly!" I fawn, pointing at his tummy. I scoop him in my arms, and kiss his nose "I'm going to name him Maru!" 

She giggles "Round?" 

"YES!" I scream letting him down, he shuffles to Eunji, she picks him up and tickles his tummy. 

"that's cute" She whispers.

I take a look at the snoozing kitten in my arms.

She's the pure white one with two different colored eyes. 

"I think I'm going to call her Kiyo."  I touch my finger to her nose and she blinks awake, licking her nose. 

Today was a good day. 

I think that I am going to skip over the next two days and skip to school, because she needs to meet skz soon or I might die.