Chapter six

When we get down on the sidewalk, Eunji starts skipping, and then pulls me to skip with her. I groan and skip with her. She giggles and stops skipping pulling my hand in hers. We stride into a cute store, the logo is purple, a green speech bubble read, 'Nice to' and in large white bubble letters, the letters CU are written out. 

She opens the door and a young man behind the counter calls out, greeting her by her name. 

"Come here often?" I tease, poking her arm. She rolls her eyes and shoves me off of her, and sends a wink to the cashier. 

"Yeah, I think the cashier is cute so why wouldn't I?" she giggles and covers her mouth.

I gag and walk to the section that has drinks. We slide a few bottles of water, about 10 liters per bottle, off the shelf. Eunji shuffles off at one point to find cups, but to no avail. Like she said, Daiso is an option later too. She finds pouches of coffees and puts so many in her basket that it shocks me.

"We are two people, I love coffee too much not to buy this many." she flips her hair in my face and I spit it out of my  mouth. 

I see something in the shape of a juice box, but when I read the label, it says, T grand assam assam black tea. I push a few off the shelf, and hear Eunji gag. Apparently  she doesn't like tea. 

When she is done picking out different coffee pouches and other juices, she guides me to another isle, dedicated to different types of ramen, crackers, sausage (WhY YOu ToUChInG MY SAuSAGe?), and chips.

I let her pick everything here out, because I have no idea what's good. However, I pick up one or two bags of ' honey butter chips'. Soon hers, and my own, baskets are filled with things that should last us all month, maybe even next month too. 

She pushes her basket to the cash register, and the man opens his eyes really wide. 

"Wow, you only ever get a drink. What's this for?" He starts scanning items and pushes them in bags.

"She just moved in so we are stocking her cabinets and fridge." She smiles and waves her hand in my direction, I smile and wave my hands, slightly. 

"Ah, I see." He finishes her things and she hands him some cash. I'm surprised it's as cheap as it is, considering things were almost falling out of her basket. He motions me forward and hands her four bags. He takes my things out and scans them. Eunji hands me 50,000 Won and I look at her. She smiles and gives me two thumbs up. 

"34,063 won," I hand him the thin stack of money, "Thank you." He hands me the money and I slip it into Eunji's pocket. 

"Have a good night!" Eunji screams as we leave the store. He nods and she smiles. 

We walk slowly, talking about things that have happened in the last few years we haven't spoken.

I push my door open and she unloads everything. I slip things off of the counter and put them in their places. Whether it be a cabinet or the fridge. 

She rolls the bags up and shoves them under the sink. 

"You'll want them."

I nod and look around slowly. 

"To Daiso?" I ask, holding out my hand to her, she takes it and we leave. 

Again.

I love you, eat well and take care of yourself <3