23 ◉ When The Confusion Hits Them

Takeshi Keiji was a caring person. Especially to those who were closest to him. After the divorce - which shook him deeply- his daughter was the only person he could call a family. Yet he had to be apart from her in the semester days till now. But this year everything was going to change, he was going to have a lot of good memories with her. He was going to protect her from any harm that could happen. But looking at the situation, he couldn't succeed in his plan as he thought.

When he gained consciousness, he saw Y/N and Clara on the ground. Looking at a man standing in front of them with fearful eyes. Takeshi remembered him from the sheriff's documents, he was a murder suspect in a case two years ago. And now he was guilty of their car incident, it was enough reason for the single dad to take his gun and face that man.

"Put your hands up and get away from them!" he shouted as he walk towards Derek with slow steps. You looked at your dad to see if he was injured anywhere. He looked fine but you needed to take him to the hospital as soon as you get rid of the werewolf in front of you.

You thought about the ways to reach your wand in the car. Even if you go there unnoticed, you weren't sure if you dropped it there. The only solution right now was for Derek to go away without harming any of you. If it was possible... Yet to your surprise, he took a few steps back before running into the forest. His eyes were full of grief as he turned his head.

When you saw his eyes, your heart throbbed with pain

When you saw his eyes, your heart throbbed with pain. Was it because of your injuries, or because of the situation with Derek? You didn't know...

●●●

Stiles was creeping around in the hallway, where all the deputies are gathered. As usual, other than the police presence and the dead body, the school was just going on as if nothing happened. After the deputies walked away for a moment, Stiles approached Kyle's girlfriend and took her aside. He started the conversation by admitting that what he was about to say is really inappropriate, then he said;

"Was he a virgin, or did you two...?" As predicted, she slapped him right in the face, because he was a complete stranger and a man on top of that, who is asking weird questions to a girl who is grieving and traumatized!

At that moment, his dad's deputy caught them. She wrapped an arm around the girlfriend and led her away and gave Stiles an unapproved look. Before she leave, the girlfriend stopped and reluctantly said;

"No, he wasn't a virgin." and left Stiles there with a confused expression.
He didn't have long to think about this new turn of events, because his dad spotted him and chewed him out for goofing around when he was trying to figure out who was killing these people. Apparently, news has spread about it, so the FBI has shown up to form a task force to help out the Sheriff's office.

"Do you have any idea what a terrible nightmare this is?" said the sheriff. But Stiles' face was like 'Yeah, I think I probably know better than anyone, thanks.' But instead of telling him this, and spilling the beans on the werewolf situation, he just sighed and said;

"I'm just trying to find a pattern." Their conversation was cut in half by a phone call. The sheriff took his phone with a sigh without looking at the name and answered it. But his eyebrows frowned as he listened to the person on the other side of the phone.

"Wait Takashi, are you alright? Do you need an ambulance?" Stiles looked toward his dad uneasily. Was it another murder? Or was something wrong with that deputy? He remembered that man his father was talking is Y/N's father. Without realizing it, Stiles approached his dad and waited for him to finish his conversation.

 Without realizing it, Stiles approached his dad and waited for him to finish his conversation

"Okay, I'm coming right away. Just, don't move and wait. I'll be there in ten minutes." The sheriff said as he get up from his chair and walked towards the exit, with Stiles following him. When he hung up the phone, his son came near him and asked;

"Dad, what's going on?" Stiles asked with a panicked tone.

"It's deputy Takashi, he left for something regarding his daughter an hour ago. And now he calls me to ask if I could pick them up from the road in the forest. They had a traffic accident." said the sheriff.

"I'm coming with you." stated Stiles and got in the car before his father said anything against it. He didn't know why but he had a feeling that there was more than a mere accident.

●●●

Turns out you dropped your wand in the car. Clara had several light injuries. After applying healing magic on her, you turned toward your father for dealing with his injuries. Yet he insisted on going to the hospital. He wasn't very fond of all this magic thing after all.

You had few things to say about how his distrust makes you feel awful, yet with a police car approaching you, you decided to talk about this matter on further notice. You helped Clara get up while shaking the dust off of your clothes. So naturally, you weren't looking at the person who got out of the car. It was probably one of your dad's deputy friends as you heard from his phone call.

"Y/N, are you all right?" said a concerned voice. Could it be? You turned your head at the speed of light and saw an angel in front of you (not literally of course). He was asking Clara if she was all right too but you couldn't hear it well.

The tears started to drop from your eyes slowly. Seeing Stiles made you feel you're finally safe. No more werewolves, no more psychopaths to try to crash your car or strangle your friend. You're just... Safe.

Without even realizing it, you hugged Stiles tightly and cried to your heart's content. The tears were not stopping and thankfully, Stiles was not drawing back either. He hesitated for a second but, he hugged you too, and patted your back lightly. Saying things like 'It's going to be all right' and such...

Today was a horrible day. But little did you know, the reason behind your tears was not because of fear...

Hello guys, I wanted to thank everyone who read this book. It made me happy to know that there are people who like it. And I especially thank those who vote and comment. I hope you're enjoying the book and have a nice day. 💐