Five

I stared at the green eyed dark fairy for what seemed like years, until finally Shkya asked, "Why didn't I think about that!?" I looked at her confused. Humans? I thought. Then I ask, out loud, "What could humans have done? How could humans do any of this to the forest?" I gestured at my home. He laughed, all three of them laughed at me. They actually laughed. Shkya glared at them with me.

"I'm sorry, it's just, well, it's just," He said between laughs, "How often do you patrol your human border?" He finally said.

Before I could answer Shkya pointed at my eyes, "They don't let her. They're too afraid she's like you." She practically spat the words. I sighed and pushed her hand down.

He looked at us with amusement. I'm sure we looked pretty amusing. My dark and intimidating exterior and her light and colorful exterior being all protective. "Have you ever seen humans?" The white haired one ask. Shkya said yes and I said no at the same time. The white haired one laughed.

"How do you expect me to trust you? I don't even know your names." I said then looked at the green eyed one's weapons, "I don't even know what those are." I pointed.

"To be fair we don't know your names either. Or what kind of fairy you are." He said sarcastically.

"It's my home that you're saying you can help save." I pointed out meeting his sarcasm.

He shrugged, "Fair enough. This," He pointed to the white haired one, "Is Dragco, and he's half elf." He then pointed to the dark haired one, "This is Coal, he is all dark fairy." Shkya gasped at the mentioning of Dragco being half elf, Dragco had dragon fly wings and Coal had wings as dark as night. I pointed at the green eyed one. "And your name?" I said. He smiled slightly, I was begging to get annoyed by that smile.

"Why sweetheart, tell me yours first." He said.

I glared at him, "Misty." I said simply, but with a little sass behind it. He nodded considering my name. "Interesting. A war fairy with a water fairy name. I'm Derek." Shkya started laughing. Derek frowned, Coal was smiling, and Dragco ask while also smiling, "Something funny? Nice laugh by the way."

"Your name." She started laughing again.

"What's so funny about my name?" Derek asked, he was starting to look a little annoyed.

"What are your weapons?" I asked, which set all three boys laughing like Shkya, uncontrollable and breathless. "I don't get it what's funny? What are those things you have as weapons!? Well I assume they are weapons." Derek tried to get his breath back, but couldn't stop laughing. I sighed and walked over to the three. Taking my sword out of it's sheath as I got closer they all stopped laughing. "Your weapons." I commanded.

Derek looked at me smiling, "They're guns." He laughed. I looked at him with complete confusion. "What are guns." I said lowering my sword. He laughed "I'll show you." He started to reach for one on his thigh but I glared and raised my sword. "Show me some other time." I said realizing how long we have been standing here. Shkya and the other two have stopped laughing, but little giggles peeped out here and there. "You got me sidetracked. What are the humans doing to my forest?" I said glaring up at Derek.

He smiled down at me. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

"No, I'm serious. You don't know humans and what they do. You will not believe me if I told you." He said seriously, but with a laugh.

"Then sho-" I felt it again, the forest trembled, but I'm not even in the forest. I turned away from Derek and looked at the forest. There was something different about the edge. I walked to the edge so I could get a better feel of the forest.

"What's with her?" Coal mumbled. Derek shhed him. Shkya walked next to me. "Misty?" She ask reaching out with her hand. I pushed it away and continued to the edge. I kneeled in front of the bush Shkya and I were hiding in earlier.

I took a branch in my hands and studied it hard core. Someone was saying my name, but I didn't answer them. All my focus was on the bush. The bush's leaves were whilted, all the plants next to it were whilted, but they weren't just whilted. They were dying. The forest was dying. The bush tickled my mind, it was in pain. The whole forest was. I moved my hand to stroke the branch, but all the pain of the forest hit me at once. I screamed in agony and sympathy. The forest's screams didn't match mine since it was sending me it's pain to get a break. I felt like I was on fire and I thought my flesh was melting off my bones. Shkya and the three dark fairies ran to me. Shkya was holding me and rubbing my back. Derek was asking what was wrong over and over, Dragco and Coal didn't know what to do, they've never witnessed a fairy taking the emotions and feelings of the forest.

After what seemed like hours the forest finally stopped sending me it's pain. In pain I sobbed into Shkya's shoulder, I started shaking. Only till Shkya mentioned it did I realize I was still holding the branch of the bush. I dropped it scared that the forest would send me it's pain again. "Misty, what was that?" Shkya ask.

"The forest sent me it's pain. The forest is dying." I breathed. I looked up at Derek, "What are the humans doing? What are they doing to my home!?" I yelled in frustration, knowing all the other fairies went through what I just did.

He looked at me with concern, "Are you sure you're ok? You screamed for half an hour. And your ears are bleeding." He said with complete concern in his voice and on his face. I lifted a hand to my ear and poked the inside. When I looked at my finger there was crimson blood on it. I've only seen fairies that actually talk to the forest, like Leaf, ears bleed like this. I rubbed the blood away.

I looked up at Derek and with complete anger said, "Show me. What. The humans. Are doing." He looked down at me and nodded. Shkya lifted me up and said to me in my mind, You really think we can trust them? I picked up my sword and put it in my sheath. I don't know, but if they know something we might as well check it out. I sent to her.

Derek looked at us and clapped his hands together, "Alright, assuming that you won't let us fly across your forest, we'll fly our border here," he pointed at the tree line. "To the border of the humans." He said humans as if it were something sweet and delicious. Spreading his green wings that had gold flecks he lefted himself in the air. Dragco and Coal joined him. "Can you keep up elf?" Dragco teased Shkya.
"The name is Shkya. And of course, I'm the fastest elf you've ever met." She turned to me as if asking I was sure about this. Spreading my wings I flew up to the hight the boys were at.

Where are you going? Someone tickled my mind. Looking down I saw Leaf hiding in a tree with that elf who went on patrol with us. I flew over to her without telling Derek what was going on.

"Leaf, you want to see humans?" I asked her and her face lit up. She started to rise, but the strange elf grabbed her hand. Starring at me hard he said, "Why the dark fairies? Aren't you trying to show you're not one of them?" He ask a little rudely.

"Look what's your name, they say the humans are the ones who are making the forest tremble and the magic fade. Shkya and I are checking it out." I said annoyed, then took Leafs hand trying to drag her with me, but the elf won't let go.

"I'm coming too, then. And it's Isak. I'm your best friend's other, the least you could do is remember my name." He said.

I sighed, "Fine." He is not good for Leaf, he never lets her do anything with me without him being there. Leaf joined me in the air and Isak jumped down next to Shkya Can I have a ride? She asked in my mind once she saw he was coming too. Ignoring her I brought Leaf over to the dark fairies. "Leaf this is Dragco, Coal, and Derek. She's coming too." I said pointing each one out, Coal waved dorkly at her, and they all smiled. Not showing teeth. They obviously know how skittish tree fairies are. I thought.

"His name sounds funny." Leaf mumbled to me and I nodded, "His eyes are green?" She asked louder.

"Ya, they don't just have white or blue eyes." I said.

"Well are you ready sweetheart?" Derek ask sarcastically.

I glared at him. "Yes and don't call me that." I said annoyed. He laughed then turned around leading the way. "Where's the fun in that?" He ask. Despite myself I laughed a little, but only Leaf could hear it. Following my enemy, who seems to not be my enemy I got a slight since I might be able to trust these three. And off to human land they lead us.