Six

"So neither of you two has seen humans?" Coal asked.

"No. We don't even know what they look like." Leaf said warming up to the joking trio. She has finally let go of my hand. And it seemed the three were never serious they were always cracking jokes.

"Well we know that we have similar features. From what the elves have told us." I reminded Leaf.

"Why can't you patrol the human border?" Derek asked.

I sighed, "There are some fairies afraid I'll eat them or something like that." Leaf nodded.

"That's messed up. Oh and we don't eat humans." Dragco said.

"Leaf what's up with the elf down there? He was pretty reluctant with letting Misty take you." Coal said.

I groaned and Leaf sighed. "He's a toad." I said at the same time Leaf said, "He's over protective." The three laughed, they were always laughing. "Why do you always laugh so much?" I ask and for a response I got more laughter. I glared, "What's so funny?"

"You. You fairies are funny." Derek said.

"Why?" Leaf ask.

"Because you are all so random alot of the time." Coal said.

"Ohhh......" We both said.

"Ya." Derek said, then, "Misty.... Sweetheart why do you have a water fairy name?"

I sighed, "I said don't call me that. And it's a long story, I don't want to talk about it." Leaf looked at me with sadness in her eyes and I waved her off as to say don't worry about it. Derek noticed, but didn't ask any farther.

When we got to the human border we went down to the elves. Leaf and I could hardly stay still even though humans are the supposed cause of our fading forest. We walked into the human's land and Leaf nearly started balling when she felt the trees call to her. Shkya and I were there to comfort her before Isak. In fact he didn't even seem to notice her concern of the plant life here, but Coal and the other two noticed. "Is she okay?" Coal asked and Isak shhed him really rudely, but still did nothing to comfort Leaf. I was glaring holes in Isak's back while Leaf answered, "Ya it's just, the trees here. They are dead." I looked around and noticed that the plant life was in fact dead and not like dead from dark fairies. I left Leaf to the care of Shkya and took a better look around.

We were standing on some hard, black surface. It had cracks and long yellow lines in the middle and white lines on the sides. Around it used to be plants, but are now just the skeletons of them. In random areas there were giant abonded..... things, in random colors and in all shapes and sizes.

"They are called cars. And this," Derek pointed at the ground, "Is called a road." He explained.

I was about to ask what they were for, but I heard groaning in the distance. Coming out from under one of the....cars.... was what I assumed to be a human, but it wasn't like what Shkya has explained. This human had hair missing, its skin wasn't healthy, there were chunks of fesh missing all over the place, it had no legs, and an eye ball was hanging from it's socket. The human wasn't alive, I couldn't since life, and I could smell the stench of rot and decay. The human had been dead for a few days now. "What is that thing?" I asked.

"That sweetheart, is a zombie. A living dead human and there are many more than just this one." Derek said looking around. He pulled out his sword then walked up to the zombie and cut off it's head. "To kill one you have to either cut it's head off or shoot it in the head. Oh and don't let them bite you, it's how the disease spreads from living beings." He said as he walked back over here.

"Zombies?" Isak asked not impressed. The three dark fairies nodded.

"What is this disease?" Leaf ask.