Nine

The humans Maria and Steve were very happy to join us. Well happy might be an understatement, they were bouncing with joy, literally. Watching the two humans bounce up and down, I leaned over to Shkya and asked, "Are humans always this exited?" She smiled then opened her mouth to answer, but Maria answered first. "Well now that the virus that made the zombies is out we get more excited then the norm." She said cheerfully and Steve was nodding so hard I thought he might break his neck.

"What caused this apocalypse?" Coal asked.

"Well these scientists wanted to make a weapon to get through your forest to get to the other side." Steve said, "Also they wanted a weapon to fight our enemies."

"You two don't exactly act normal for humans, and I'm half human." Derek said with sarcasm. The half human dark fairy does that a lot when action isn't happening.

Steve's grin dropped, "Well the virus in the air does things to us humans." He smiled and Maria said, "it makes us a little mad, crazy, some react to it differently."

Steve nodded, "Some get batshit crazy, aggressive, really depressed and dark, or like us were we get random and laugh at just about anything." Maria was nodding with him.

"Right I see...." Shkya said then looked over at me, "Misty I'm fixing your hair." She ordered annoyed. I sighed and let her fix the long purple locks that came out from her fish tale braid while I was unconscious.

I sat in the air hovering in front of her, she brushed her fingers throw my hair then braided it, unbraided it, and braided it again. I tried to look annoyed as she did my hair and as Derek made faces at me, but truthfully I love it when Shkya does my hair. It makes me feel relaxed and like nothing is going to jump out and attack my friends. I relaxed as Shkya undid the braid she was doing. As I started to close my eyes Maria pulled out something blue and very shiny.

"What's that?" Leaf said and I imagine her eyes went very big full of curiosity.

Maria laughed, "Why girl it is called an Ipod. It holds all the jams you could think of."

"Does it have bunkleberry?" I asked opening my eyes to a very confused looking human and a very excited looking fairy.

"Ummm.... no jams also means music to humans. Here listen to this, it's my favorite band." Maria played a band that sounded like guys. To Shkya, the guys, and I they weren't very pleasing, but Leaf seemed to like them.

"Oooh who are they!?" Leaf was now floating, leaf wings fluttering softly.

"Sista they are the beautiful The Wanted. You might also like this band." She played another group of boys that sounded the exact same.

"Do you have anything else?" I asked annoyed.

Derek laughed and said, "She might like some rock. Or rap. Can I see it?" Derek held out his hands for the Ipod that was killing my ears. He was moving his finger up and down on the front. He finally found a song and played it.

The beginning was what sounded like drums and another instrument that sounded really good then a guy started singing and he was more deep voiced and singing about bad company. "Who is this?" I asked and Derek smiled at me, "This is Five Finger Death Punch. Listen to this."

He played another song and this one started out with clapping it sounded like then a guy was talking and another was singing a melody of sorts. Then another guy was talking some what fast and after his virses anoth guy sang cinderella man.

"This is good too." I said, "But I like the Five Finger Death Punch sounding more."

"Me too." Shkya said as she unbraided her tenth braid. Derek handed the Ipod back to Maria, who showed Leaf something on it which caused Leaf to squeal, "They look really really really hot!" Maria squealed with her.

"Right so Derek, what's the plan?" Dragco asked.

Derek turned towards me, but I couldn't see his face through my hair. Shkya had me upside down so she could braid the bottom of my hair. She was doing corn rows all around my head that came into a high ponytail.

"Derek and I decided-" I started to say, but before I could finish Leaf broke out crying and screaming in pain.